Looking for Input on 2020 Gift Guide

Kellyco

Hello metalheads! I’m helping to put together the upcoming 2020 Kellyco Metal Detectors Holiday Gift Guide. Now, I’m not here to plug my site or ask you to look at anything on it (but you can look at last year’s list if you like <<UNAUTHORIZED LINK REMOVED>>). I’d just like to know which gear you think belongs on this year’s list.

Are there any new detectors, pinpointers, or other paraphernalia you’ve used recently that you think would make good gift for a novice or seasoned enthusiast? Even if we don’t carry it already – heck, especially if we don’t carry it already – I’m eager to know your thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the flood lights that are common are inadequate for Metal Detecting. I strongly recommend some of the larger lighting available, such as these from Amazon (as examples only). The brighter lights (about 3x what was offered in last year's stuff), USB charging, and ability to run them for 6+ hours are what counts.

It's like detecting in daylight, under the lighted area. Makes a massive difference in eye strain, as well as safety on things like beaches and what not. The ability to see a hundred yards ahead +, if necessary, helps me feel safe when out.

As a plus, the way the over-the-top headstrap works, it fits on a ball cap perfectly, and doesn't interfere with headphones..

And, as a bonus, these lights are so amazing, I find myself using them for other things like car repairs, attic work, hunting, etc.

Cheers,

Skippy

Attachments

• headlamp.jpg
    headlamp.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 339
I'd bite on an accessories pack that didn't suck. Such as a lesche digger, garrett propointer and good pouch. I see a lot of the combos that are like trash shovel with a !!!! pouch, etc.. stuff nobody should own.

How about some quality water socks/shoes for us beach guys ? Oh wait....I can ring those up on Amazon...

Another thought:

A decent sand/water-pouch. I've tried multiple pouches over the years, and have settled on the Garrett finds pouch for when I'm in the water. It's still horrible, because it doesn't drain well, but at least it doesn't snag on rusty stuff like my mesh pouch does.

A solid vinyl covered mesh bottom pouch that wouldn't snag on finds, but allow sand and water to free flow out would be awesome. I'd buy one of those just for when I vacation to the beaches! Again, though, quality is key here. I'd pay $20 for a decent water/sand pouch.

Skippy

Another thought:

A decent sand/water-pouch. I've tried multiple pouches over the years, and have settled on the Garrett finds pouch for when I'm in the water. It's still horrible, because it doesn't drain well, but at least it doesn't snag on rusty stuff like my mesh pouch does.

A solid vinyl covered mesh bottom pouch that wouldn't snag on finds, but allow sand and water to free flow out would be awesome. I'd buy one of those just for when I vacation to the beaches! Again, though, quality is key here. I'd pay $20 for a decent water/sand pouch.

Skippy
I use this from Big 5 sporting goods. It's only $15. Has 3 canvas bags and belt. Does have a couple drainage holes. Not the greatest for in the water for me , but may work for you. Definitely won't snag. Mine last about a year or so. I'm rough on them. Again , only $15. I've tried so many and this is the best deal for me.
7a58e4afabc1e6fd26df7c3868c32bfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Another thought:

Skippy

That's fine feedback, thank you. Maybe we'll get a few contenders and put them through an obstacle course.

Do you still sell Long Range Locators? I've never tried one of those.

Back
Top Bottom