Longmont, CO hunt - GOLD :)

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
Myself and Digger Magoo put a good 3.5 hours worth of huntin' in today at two parks in Longmont, CO. Both were turn of the century parks, and both, well... have had their time, which was wayyy before we ever showed up :lol:

The first park we hit with a light rain on our side dampening the ground, at the same time we became a feast for mosquitoes and I know I got the crap bitten outta me. I landed 3 noteable things in this park... the first was a very small gold colored earring backing, which I would later find out when I got home IS 14KT!!! It rang up in the gold area and I told Troy about it right after I got it, curious if it was gold. Soooo I guess it's my first official 2010 piece of gold, tiny thing that it is.

Next on the curiosity list was a token for $2.50 on value for my local detector shop back in Golden, Gold-N-Detectors. Either Bill (the owner) seeded the park with his tokens, or the Eureka Treasure club cleared this park out... I wouldn't be surprised by either.

Third was a flattened piece of metal that rang up in the copper penny range. After getting home and upon further examination, it's a flattened wheat penny. Coulda been by hammer, or maybe train? In the pic below you can clearly see the wheat ear.

The second park we hit wasn't much bigger than a small house lot. I think I landed maybe $0.13 from it, and Troy didn't fair much better. I did find an old knife about 3 inches down int he roots of a tree.

We got out, and that's really the most you can say for the day, not sure exactly how my partner fared but such is life. After the hunt we headed to the Cherry Creek area of Denver and pigged out at Duffy's Cherry Cricket. It's a bar/burger join that was featured on Travel Channel's Man v. Food 2 years back. Troy spied Colorado Avalanche President Pierre Lacroix a few tables from us (yellow arrow pointing in pic).

Attachments

• 89mdgold.jpg
    89mdgold.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 778
  • 89mdtoken.jpg
    89mdtoken.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 775
  • 89smashedwheat.jpg
    89smashedwheat.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 768
  • 89mdcc1.jpg
    89mdcc1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 774
  • 89mdcc2.jpg
    89mdcc2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 807
  • 89mdcc4.jpg
    89mdcc4.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 772
  • 89mdcc5.jpg
    89mdcc5.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 771
  • 89mdtotals.jpg
    89mdtotals.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 794
Good hunt Jimmy around here that many finds would be a great hunt . Nice job . I had two heart attacks a year ago and that loaded burger made my arteries plug just looking at it . lol ...Good job Boys.

Harold

Nice going Jimmy! If ever get the chance try Teds in Denver, not to bad last time I was there
Here another place I like and fun
http://local.yahoo.com/info-19612969-casa-bonita-denver

I go to Casa Bonita once every five weeks, its a great place and the atmosphere is just plain ol fun. I always get the All You Can Eat Chicken Burrito Platter, haha, can never even finish two though. I have tokens and pressed pennies form the place too, lots of fun :yes:

Way to GOLD! :lol: Congrats!

Was that your first token from Gold-N-Detectors? I've only found one.

Wish we could have joined you guys!

emdees

Way to GOLD! :lol: Congrats!

Was that your first token from Gold-N-Detectors? I've only found one.

Wish we could have joined you guys!

emdees

My first dug one yeah, I have a few others I got from Bill when I've been to his shop which are nice and pretty ;)

Digger M here checking in late to say that yesterday was a great time even though we didn't rake in the clad or silver. The weather was good, lunch was excellent and huntin' with a buddy... well you just can't put a price on that. Here's my take for the day, $1.38 in clad, a pressed penny from Bass Pro Shops in Denver, toe ring and a Hot Wheels that got nicked from a mower. I had a good time Jimmy, thanks for lunch!
picture.php

Back
Top Bottom