5 silver day

wbindia

Dug 5 silvers Thanksgiving weekend; 1908 D Barber half, 1930 S standing liberty quarter, 1925 Mercury Dime, 1909 Barber dime laying on top of the ground, and a 1916 Barber dime.

Funny thing, the Barber half was only 2 inches down, and I almost past over the signal but the VDI was a solid 91 on my AT MAX and tone to crystal clear both way swinging to pass up. I thought for sure I was digging another beer or soda can ! 😂 LOL. I was pleasantly surprised to have dug my only 2nd Barber half, ironically a 1908 O . Lesson learned dig all signals. I was digging in PA at a union camp so new the target was coming out of the hole. HH

Attachments

• 7A4A097A-90B5-431A-AB24-D6FC9739031E.jpg
    7A4A097A-90B5-431A-AB24-D6FC9739031E.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 479
  • 4BAA56A1-1FA1-4907-A391-3FC5694A66B7.jpg
    4BAA56A1-1FA1-4907-A391-3FC5694A66B7.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 503
Great finds! Congrats on the half and other nice finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would have been a terrific hunt for me! Two of your five silvers are still on my bucket list. In a combined total of nine years hunting I haven't found a half anything. Congratulations to you sir!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

That would have been a terrific hunt for me! Two of your five silvers are still on my bucket list. In a combined total of nine years hunting I haven't found a half anything. Congratulations to you sir!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! Big silver is out there, but I was not expecting to dig my 2nd Barber half. This was a 1908 D, ironically my first Barber half I dug a few years ago was a 1908 O. My first half I ever dug period about 20 years ago was a 1936 walking liberty half .Dont give up there are many out there waiting for you to dig up! HH

That collection of finds is awesome! So many BL's on there! Is your MAX hitting dimes a lot? Mine is just killing it on clad dimes. Today I went out in the woods in light snow and hit a '69 Rosie at 9".

Congrats on your hunt!

Wow! That dirt there sure has a story to tell! Its seen some usage for a long time looks like...Great finds and I noticed you have been doing this sport for a long time! You must have some pretty awesome stories of other hunts I bet!

Yes, I have blessed to what I have recovered in my relic hunting which I have been doing since 2000. I have dug 2 US belt buckles and 1 US breast plate. The Breast plate I recovered in April in Pa, the buckles were recovered in western part of VA. Stuff is out there but you have to do your research. HH

Wayne

Holy mackrel!! Great finds there....really like all that silver but what i wldn't give to find a minie ball someday! I suppose putting a minie ball on my bucket list would seem strange to some.......

Back
Top Bottom