• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Talk me out of a ctx

My CZ 21 is heavy, even with a custom shaft the the box passed the elbow.

Also running a explorer se with a buddy strap, which makes it feel lighter.

Want to buy one, but should I? Want to down size my detector collection to 1 or 2. Need for the beach.

Ocean beaches are the nemesis of many detectors, but Minelab sure seems to have mastered those hurdles and have provided some great options to us. I love(d) my explorers and excals but the CTXs processing speed, target ID and separation are superior. IMO, most targets up to 6" are spot on accurate and up to 12" you can usually listen to tones in collaboration with the screen to make a sound call on what the target is. Add the 17" coil, and now you have an awesome weapon to quickly cover wide open beaches.

My 6, 9 and 13 year old kids use it ...as does plenty of our aging relatives. Its just that simple to operate. Depending on your level of fitness, the detector with the big coil can seem heavy but the pro-swing harness makes it feather light. For the kids, I just bungee corded the machine to a backpack (almost same results).

You can hunt the dry, walk down to the wet sand, walk into shoulder deep surf, and then back to the dry without having to GB or make adjustments. Only machines I could do that on previously was my Excal and PI....but the CTX has a screen, discrimination, and obviously many other features that let you refine your settings (if desired).

Only downside to the CTX is when used as a dedicated water machine, it has a lot of drag when submerged in the water. Whereas the Excal seems to easily slice through the water as you move left to right.

Equinox sounds cool too....its obviously lighter, but covering a giant beach with a tiny coil? eh, no thanks.

Yeah not sure I will be gaining anything huge over the explorer, other than being water proof.

I have an explorer and a CTX. At the beach an explorer is no CTX. Once you get used to the CTX screen an explorer is a major downer to switch to IMO. But to each his own.

My only regret with the CTX is that I did not buy it sooner! I have owned many machines and still own most the top ones and I always have the CTX in my vehicle. Much more to offer than the earlier FBS machines and although not as deep as the Deus it still IDs at depth better than any machine I have owned.

My only regret with the CTX is that I did not buy it sooner! I have owned many machines and still own most the top ones and I always have the CTX in my vehicle. Much more to offer than the earlier FBS machines and although not as deep as the Deus it still IDs at depth better than any machine I have owned.
X2...... Except for one thing....deus at a salt water beach (wet sand) vs a CTX. =)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I talked my self out of the CTX3030 three time. I never listen to my self any more so I bought one this past week . Looking forward to use it. Might become a crazy man trying learn how to use it but it will be a short trip.

Choppadude knows his detectors!! Believe what he says:-). Shoot me a text choppadude when you are ready for the equinox.

This is only my opinion so take it for what its worth, CTX is an AWESOME machine. As a dealer I have had the opportunity to use many machines. I LOVED my Deus but never picked it up one time since I got the CTX. They are fun to use, will find silver as well as any machine on the market. Heavy, YES but well balanced so you dont really notice the weight. Im 60 and can swing it all day. Target Trace is GREAT, you can actually see multible objects under your coil and really hone in on the desired target. I have literally found silver with nails in the same hole, even touching the silver. Nice backlit screen. Menu is easy to navigate. The GPS feature is just an added bonus. AND WATERPROOF. Connects to the computer to download programs. AND if Minelab had any updates should be easy to upgrade . Minelab has a SPECIAL on the 3030 right now. Shoot me a message or call for Christmas Special deals.

Back
Top Bottom