• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Baton Rouge area

botflyguy

I live near BR and intend to hunt Port Hudson battlefield when it cools off a little. If'n you're in the area, give me a shout and we'll hook up. :p

you can hunt there without permission? or did you receive permission?
if anyone is allowed i wouldn't mind when it cools down.

you can hunt there without permission? or did you receive permission?
if anyone is allowed i wouldn't mind when it cools down.

You can't hunt on the "state park" official grounds but there's a large area of battle zone that is free and clear. It's all heavily wooded and some serious ravines. I used to go to a spot where you parked at old farmers house and gave him a $10 (probably a $20 now). You then just walk out into the woods and get with it. You can walk waaaaaay out in the woods if you want. Last time I went back in the 80's, there were pie-shaped chunks of cannonball just laying around on the ground. You could actually find bullets in the ravines without a detector.

port hudson

Hello, where is this farm house that you can pay the guy 20 to metal detect? I am from Zachary, La. and we are looking for a public place to metal detect where the port hudson battlefield took place...does anyone know a detailed map of the area so we can find a spot? Thanks :)

If anyone's looking for someone to hunt with I would love to go. Im from the zachary area and I've just bought my first metal detector. Im trying to find some where to go hunt in port hudson too. I live on a good bit of property in zachary but haven't found much yet.

If anyone's looking for someone to hunt with I would love to go. Im from the zachary area and I've just bought my first metal detector. Im trying to find some where to go hunt in port hudson too. I live on a good bit of property in zachary but haven't found much yet.

We are also from zachary. Where have you been metal detecting at? We have been doing parks and we found a nice boy scout camp in clinton which the first time we went they said it was fine and then the second time we went they ran us off telling us we had to have a permit, so we are trying to get a permit to go to the camps. I found a 14k gold ring at the camp, and we found some old neck ties. If you know of any other place let me know! :)

zachary area metal detecting

Are you talking about camp Avondale. My uncle knows a couple of people there. I never thought about going there. Ill see if I can get us in.

We are also from zachary. Where have you been metal detecting at? We have been doing parks and we found a nice boy scout camp in clinton which the first time we went they said it was fine and then the second time we went they ran us off telling us we had to have a permit, so we are trying to get a permit to go to the camps. I found a 14k gold ring at the camp, and we found some old neck ties. If you know of any other place let me know! :)

Oh yea I own some property in zachary. Its the only place I've been so far.

Yes it was camp avondale, I am sure they will say you need a permit, I would like to get one just don't know how to go around doing it! Camp Avondale is such a nice place to metal detect! We went to the boy scout camp in port allen, they don't mind us going there but it's not as nice as avondale! If you can get us in let us know!!

Yea from what I hear that guy metal detects himself so he doesn't like anyone else doings out there. No luck don't think i'll be able to pull it off

You can't hunt on the "state park" official grounds but there's a large area of battle zone that is free and clear. It's all heavily wooded and some serious ravines. I used to go to a spot where you parked at old farmers house and gave him a $10 (probably a $20 now). You then just walk out into the woods and get with it. You can walk waaaaaay out in the woods if you want. Last time I went back in the 80's, there were pie-shaped chunks of cannonball just laying around on the ground. You could actually find bullets in the ravines without a detector.

pleases send me some info/ map addresses, I know about the battle field maps, P H plains road etc, need a contact to get permission etc

Brian Heise
[email protected]
225-747-0175

I live in Lafayette and have been wanting to hunt Port Hudson if you guys are planning a trip there I would love to drive out there and join you guys. PM me and I will send you my contact info. Also if you guys want to do any detecting at other locations let me know I have a few spots around where I live.

Preston

Back
Top Bottom