South Jersey - Ocean City or Cape May

"Detectorist"

Forum Supporter
Hi all, I have the day off work on Dec 26th and I was planning on heading down to do some beach (Ocean City or Cape May) detecting with my new XP Deus. Would be nice to have a buddy to go with.

Shout if you're interested!

Thanks,
Ken

I too would be down for a trip to the beach... Been dying to go try it!!!!:yes::yes:

Awesome!

It looks like I'll be headed down to Ocean City on Monday. Low tide is 12:18pm, so I plan to leave around 9am, get there by 10am and detect from 10am to 2 or 3pm. Let me know if that works.

Ken, as for myself, I cannot make the road trip on that day, etc...Happy Hunting and Merry Christmas. John

Yes, I saw you had family coming over. I"ll be happy to go hunting with you another time. Hopefully I'll be out a lot in 2017.

I realized after I jumped that I don't have a sand scoop. Looked immediately at what Prime could do for me, but even on Friday their delivery was saying next Wednesday. Are there any actual MD stores between Philly and OC that I could pick one up at on the way tomorrow morning? Or are they something that makes it easier but not totally necessary for a first timer like myself?

I realized after I jumped that I don't have a sand scoop. Looked immediately at what Prime could do for me, but even on Friday their delivery was saying next Wednesday. Are there any actual MD stores between Philly and OC that I could pick one up at on the way tomorrow morning? Or are they something that makes it easier but not totally necessary for a first timer like myself?

Hi, I don't think I would beach detect without a scoop, it speeds things up greatly. I'm not aware of any local MD stores, I usually get all my gear online. It's no worries, I plan to go down often this year and I'll post the next time I do.

Last edited:
There's a hobby shop at a local mall (Plymouth Meeting) that is supposed to have MD equipment. I'm going to head over there now to see if they have a scoop. If they do, I'll just head to OC from there. Do you have an idea of what street you're going to park on?

There's a hobby shop at a local mall (Plymouth Meeting) that is supposed to have MD equipment. I'm going to head over there now to see if they have a scoop. If they do, I'll just head to OC from there. Do you have an idea of what street you're going to park on?

Sorry, I had left by the time you posted this, I was on the road by 9. I ended up on 13th street to start and spent about 4 hours total. Below are my finds...not too bad I guess since it was my first ever beach detect.

15741151_682147478621662_666192528476658652_n.jpg

What are the 2 coins on the top right?
S'ok, the store didnt have any MD stuff so I went to the park all day.

What are the 2 coins on the top right?
S'ok, the store didnt have any MD stuff so I went to the park all day.

Those two "coins" are actually plastic. One was in a quarter hole and the other came up with that can bottom. I included them as an oddity. The one is like a pirate doubloon, has a skull on it.

Back
Top Bottom