Need some Equinox gold settings only in beach modes

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Someone suggest some settings for me to try. Appears many got scared to test some gold chains. So far on my first day I would say take things as an adjustment kind of thing. But I did try a couple settings so far and the Equinox didn't pick up gold chains any better in beach mode than my CTX did when I found them in the wild:roll:. I will say I got a flake off a broke gold ring and a micro chain I didn't think anything would pick up. Well the EQ in stock prospect mode in pinpoint was singing like a bird at 4 inches.:lol: That being said if you are on the fence and want me to test it with someones settings, let me know all of the settings. Even volume. I know a test I did in pinpoint when she got a little noisy I could shape my hands around the battery in the handle like a C and it calmed down. So even your hand position may do something?No set in stone data here. Just know that nobody out there mastered the Equinox in a week. I can tell you with the krap in my yard it can pick up more than you care to dig though.

Someone suggest some settings for me to try.
Following. At home, I have a bunch of notes on various settings that others have posted and allegedly made work at the beach. I'll post later. I'm heading out Fri and Sat to start checking for myself. Happy to share pro's and con's

Someone suggest some settings for me to try. Appears many got scared to test some gold chains. So far on my first day I would say take things as an adjustment kind of thing. But I did try a couple settings so far and the Equinox didn't pick up gold chains any better in beach mode than my CTX did when I found them in the wild:roll:. I will say I got a flake off a broke gold ring and a micro chain I didn't think anything would pick up. Well the EQ in stock prospect mode in pinpoint was singing like a bird at 4 inches.:lol: That being said if you are on the fence and want me to test it with someones settings, let me know all of the settings. Even volume. I know a test I did in pinpoint when she got a little noisy I could shape my hands around the battery in the handle like a C and it calmed down. So even your hand position may do something?No set in stone data here. Just know that nobody out there mastered the Equinox in a week. I can tell you with the krap in my yard it can pick up more than you care to dig though.

Larry... why hasn't there been more than 1 chain posted? Its no better than the rest of the machines out there now for gold chains... my Sov Gt was good on chains... :yes: everyone went wild when a video of a controlled hunt showed the thing beeps on chains... lets see it find a chain at depth....

I'm buying one but not for the beach... ;)

Following. At home, I have a bunch of notes on various settings that others have posted and allegedly made work at the beach. I'll post later. I'm heading out Fri and Sat to start checking for myself. Happy to share pro's and con's
Sounds good!
Larry... why hasn't there been more than 1 chain posted? Its no better than the rest of the machines out there now for gold chains... my Sov Gt was good on chains... :yes: everyone went wild when a video of a controlled hunt showed the thing beeps on chains... lets see it find a chain at depth....

I'm buying one but not for the beach... ;)
Yeah it lights my front yard up:lol: Fixing to load up and haul some goodies to test at the beach including gold nuggets and flakes. Hopefully the beach isn't too crowded. They think our detectors cost 50 bucks but everyone knows what gold is worth. Nervous tossing a couple grand in gold on the ground in a crowd:shock::lol:

Yea. I have been VERY skeptical of the chain finds. I don't remember anyone stating the setting the Nox was on to find them. The one found was not from a member but a friend that used it. Nothing yet from users on here that are not into the hype

Larry... why hasn't there been more than 1 chain posted? Its no better than the rest of the machines out there now for gold chains... my Sov Gt was good on chains... :yes: everyone went wild when a video of a controlled hunt showed the thing beeps on chains... lets see it find a chain at depth.... I'm buying one but not for the beach... ;)

I'm with Craig on this. I remember a lot of hoopla for the CTX as well...

Beach mode 1, Sensitivity 21+, recovery 1, Iron bias 0, ground tracking on. Picks up tiny bits of aluminum all day long, also hits on pencil lead thick 10k chain, 14kearring back, etc. Gold mode 1 is most sensitive to gold, followed by gold mode 2 (single freq), followed by park 1, followed by beach 1.

If you can get gold mode 1 to work at the beach, it will be a chain (and tiny aluminum flake) magnet.

It definitely has a bias toward the low conductor range, I dig a lot of nickels with this machine, nickel and zinc penny count is probably even right now.

See

What you started Larry, send it up to me , 500 clams here :lol:, Craig i guess Meg isn't finding much with the nox including a big chain bracelet, :laughing:, funny the lips are still flapping Negatively on this machine , but the positive posts still continue, see what Scuba did Craig, your next , for the money, performance, waterproofing, speed, and depth even with the stock coil , it's hard to beat this machine, not hype, it's a performer period.

Beach mode 1, Sensitivity 21+, recovery 1, Iron bias 0. Picks up tiny bits of aluminum all day long, also hits on pencil lead thick 10k chain, 14kearring back, etc. Gold mode 1 is most sensitive to gold, followed by gold mode 2 (single freq), followed by park 1, followed by beach 1.

If you can get gold mode 1 to work at the beach, it will be a chain (and tiny aluminum flake) magnet.

It definitely has a bias toward the low conductor range, I dig a lot of nickels with this machine, nickel and zinc penny count is probably even right now.
Thanks I will give it a go!

What you started Larry, send it up to me , 500 clams here :lol:, Craig i guess Meg isn't finding much with the nox including a big chain bracelet, :laughing:, funny the lips are still flapping Negatively on this machine , but the positive posts still continue, see what Scuba did Craig, your next , for the money, performance, waterproofing, speed, and depth even with the stock coil , it's hard to beat this machine, not hype, it's a performer period.
Don't ever think I am an expert!:lol: I know I went to the beach earlier and got lightning'd out EQ sounds like R2D2 nervous in lightning. More testing tomorrow. Had it hitting on the broke ring chip but couldn't hear the micro chain before I had to run off the beach. More time to tweak settings are needed. Will say I have the urge to do a carbon fiber shaft mod:thinking:

If I buy one of these it will not be for the beach... Detector Comparisons just did another test with the waterproof Kruzer and the same results as the Equinox.. so they both can see a gold chain on the surface... how many gold chains are lying around on the surface Earl?

Where Earl starts finding the gold then I'll be worried. :shock: Very Worried...:yikes:

Cfm-ct

I Bet, someone will see you swinging a Equinox 800 at the beach, and i will bet there will be more that wan't a piece of that action , if you think for one minute we believe you will only be using it for land :laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , now we all know that you will be getting all the gold chains , maybe at night , so no body see's you howboutit :sneaking::sneaking::sneaking::sneaking:, do us a favor, before you knock the Nox, put 100 hour's on it, than give us your opinion , happy nox land , and beach hunting, :lol: Earl PS OBN I will find gold, and without a Jet escape ski howboutit :realitycheck:

I Bet, someone will see you swinging a Equinox 800 at the beach, and i will bet there will be more that wan't a piece of that action , if you think for one minute we believe you will only be using it for land :laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , now we all know that you will be getting all the gold chains , maybe at night , so no body see's you howboutit :sneaking::sneaking::sneaking::sneaking:, do us a favor, before you knock the Nox, put 100 hour's on it, than give us your opinion , happy nox land , and beach hunting, :lol: Earl

Earl... I'm not here to argue with you... I will not be buying the EQ for the beach... I have the best detector in my opinion for the beach a modded blue...you got no clue the power of the skullies and what they bring up from the depths... why don't you go out hunting.. let your finds do your talking?

I'm feeling left out. [emoji38]
Just joking.. post some photos if you get around to completing it
We'll have to get you some measurements and work on this ASAP.... I'll be your US distributor.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We'll have to get you some measurements and work on this ASAP.... I'll be your US distributor.

To be honest Dave this is just something I thought of on a Sunday afternion. The goal was to make life easier for those that needed it... not to profit from it. I think I accomplished my goal

To be honest Dave this is just something I thought of on a Sunday afternion. The goal was to make life easier for those that needed it... not to profit from it. I think I accomplished my goal
10-4. Now back to roasting Earl, lol

Back
Top Bottom