I joined the Bandwagon

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Just got and replied to an email from Phil at Meyers Detectors. I bought two Equinoxes. An 800 for me and a 600 for the contest. I should have my new toy when I get back from Mexico.

Now I will see personally what I think this machine can do.

On another Note Mexico is STRANGE. Going from the airport to Playa Del Carmen saw 4 police vehicles going the opposite way with lights on Two were trucks with officers STANDING in the bed with what looked like M-16's. One had a machine gun mounted on it.

Beautiful place though. I just can't speak Spanish.

Be safe brother and good luck with your travel!!

Just got and replied to an email from Phil at Meyers Detectors. I bought two Equinoxes. An 800 for me and a 600 for the contest. I should have my new toy when I get back from Mexico.

On another Note Mexico is STRANGE. Going from the airport to Playa Del Carmen saw 4 police vehicles going the opposite way with lights on Two were trucks with officers STANDING in the bed with what looked like M-16's. One had a machine gun mounted on it.

I have a Timeshare in Mexico and have visited Cancun many Times as well as Playa Del Carmen which is very beautiful. Apparently there was a bomb aboard one of the ferry's that doc there that injured many innocent people including Americans. the also found an unexploded bomb on another ferry there.. so please do be careful and avoid ultra crowded places.

as far as Spanish goes

bano = bathroom,
comida = food
café = coffee
mantequilla = butter
playa = beach
barco = boat
no me arrestes por favor = Please don't arrest me

nothing else is needed

Have an AWESOME time and can't wait for your contest

p.s. plenty of pictures please

I have a Timeshare in Mexico and have visited Cancun many Times as well as Playa Del Carmen which is very beautiful. Apparently there was a bomb aboard one of the ferry's that doc there that killed many innocent people including Americans. the also found an unexploded bomb on another ferry there.. so please do be careful and avoid ultra crowded places.

as far as Spanish goes

bano = bathroom,
comida = food
café = coffee
mantequilla = butter
playa = beach
barco = boat

nothing else is needed

Have an AWESOME time and can't wait for your contest

p.s. plenty of pictures please

Was there a bomb yesterday? There were two before I came. One hurt people but nobody was killed and one they found before it exploded. I see nothing on the news of another bomb.

as far as Spanish goes

bano (BAH-no) = bathroom,
comida (ko-MEE-da) = food
café (ka-FAY) = coffee
mantequilla (Man-te-KEE-ya) = butter
playa (PLAH-ya) = beach
barco (BAR-ko) = boat
no me arrestes por favor (No me ah-REST-es por fa-VOR) = Please don't arrest me

nothing else is needed
Actually, I beg to differ. Having added pronunciation, I'll add some phrases you might need.
Here.

es un detector de metales, no un arma. (Es un deh-tec-TOR dee me-TAH-les, no un AR-ma) = "It's a metal detector, not a gun."

No, no he encontrado nada todavía. (No, no hay en-con-TRAH-do NAH-da to-DAV-ya) = "No, I have not found anything yet."

Si puedes describir el anillo, te lo daré. (se PWED-es des-kree-BEER el an-NEE-yo, teh lo dar-RE.) = "If you can describe the ring, I will give it to you."

Oh! Lo siento mucho, Oficial! Por supuesto, es tuyo! (Oh! lo s-YEN-to MOO-cho Of-FEE-cee-al! Por su=PWES=to es TOO-yo!) "Oh, I am so very sorry, Officer! Of COURSE the ring is yours!"

Sage(¡Soy inocente!)Grouse

I visit Quintana Roo several times per year and heavily armed police officers running with their lights on is standard practice in that part of Mexico. They may be increasing their show of force a bit as the murder rate has spiked 100% in the last year alone, but it's still nothing compared to our lovely City of Detroit. :lol:

Last edited:
Was there a bomb yesterday? There were two before I came. One hurt people but nobody was killed and one they found before it exploded. I see nothing on the news of another bomb.

Knowing this type of !!!! happens, it amazes me people would still visit.
Last time I went to mexico on a hunting trip, we were stopped by the Popo who shook us down for cash before they'd let us continue on our way. Granted that was in Tamulipas...or however you spell it.

as far as Spanish goes

bano = bathroom,
comida = food
café = coffee
mantequilla = butter
playa = beach
barco = boat

I'll just add:
cerveza = beer 😀

Knowing this type of !!!! happens, it amazes me people would still visit.
Last time I went to mexico on a hunting trip, we were stopped by the Popo who shook us down for cash before they'd let us continue on our way. Granted that was in Tamulipas...or however you spell it.

My daugher booked this BEFORE the bombs. As stated Detroit is probably worse and I go there a lot. I wasn't able to bring my gun to Mexico though. I will have my CPL when I get back so I will feel safer in Detroit.

World is getting worse. Just have to live with it

Last edited:
Good luck Robert and be careful with the mixed drinks. Mexico, especially resort areas are having a huge problem with fake alcohol that makes people sick/blackout in small amounts.

Back
Top Bottom