3 if by night

zeemang

Forum Supporter
I decided to do a night water hunt tonight, taking advantage of the nice low tide. I hunted further out than i can normally. As soon as i got out beyond the sand bar the bottom was a nice slimy clay type bottom which i've found holds the goodies in the past. It was like the old days, targets everywhere, and few pulltabs...
The crazy part was the bio-luminescence, the water glows a light green when you swing the detector or the scoop. It's really amazing to watch, and plenty of fish came in close to investigate, i had to wave the detector at them to spook them off... I even saw two dolphins tonight, it was a really special night all around...
All in all i was out in shoulder deep from about 8 o'clock tonight until about 11, another forum member was there also, it was nice to have company night water hunting...
7 bucks spendable, 4 rings total with 3 10k gold, all acid tested good. I can't remember the last time i hit three gold in one hunt...
HH all!

Attachments

• Photo0504.jpg
    Photo0504.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 534
  • Photo0505.jpg
    Photo0505.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 528
  • Photo0507.jpg
    Photo0507.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 537
  • Photo0509.jpg
    Photo0509.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 534
Congrats! Bio-Lum also looks cool when you throw a castnet at night. Looks like a blue glowing parachute.

Congrats Zee!!:thumbsup:

Ya need a hunt like that once in a while to keep the juices flowing!!:D

CJ

Nice hunt Zee. Those rings and coins look like they have been there a long time. Were they on the other side of the sand bar? In the past we never got out that far.
Congrats on the gold.

Fantastic hunt, sounds like a hunt from the "old days" . Nice going, you earned it hunting at night with "unknowns" in the water :lol:

Nice rings there Z! I see you are back on the gold trail.

The glow you see is phytoplankton. I have only seen it a couple times. Once on Cape Hatteras, NC the waves glowed green as if a diver was under the water with a green light. One of the coolest things I have ever seen. It went on for hours. Well, as long as my beer lasted. :yes: The other time was walking at night in the wet. My footprints glowed green.

Nice finds there. The clay or sometimes black sands...where stuff collects hehe. I'd go back if you can...ova an ova. Hh an gl -Joe

That's an AWESOME hunt....being land locked n ks, I can only watch bio-lum on tv n hear b.a. stories like this. ...what kind of metal is your pot symbol made of?

-beav3r

Congrats zee. Sounds like a a very nice night hunt. Gotta love few pull-tabs and multiple gold.

Nice finds Zeemang.

OK I read that as "When you throw a *castinet* at night"

I had images of a flamenco dancer with a glowing skirt! :D

SageGrouse

Sorry, no "castinets", but my fav classical guitar piece: "Asturias" by Isaac Albéniz.

I think the experience was as good as your finds! In any case, congrats on the hat trick!!!

way to knock it dead Z,,,,,one fine hunt and sounds like a very pleasant evening,,,I hope you find more there,,,,I think 3 gold days here are a thing of the past,,,,,in fact gold is getting pretty scarce right now,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom