Dove today!! Updated with Pictures.

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well I gor out on a dive today in an inland lake. No metal detecting but just scrounging around. Found some bottles, not super old. One is pretty cool. Its an embossed beer bottle. Says Made without Drugs or Poisons! LOL thats always good for beer I think. Even though I do not drink.

Found two nice boat anchors, one is a stainless steel folding one. Never saw one like it before. Also got an LG cell phone. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Great to be playing in the water. Very hard to put my wetsuit on though. Things can only get better. Kevin detected but didn't find a lot unfortunately.

Last edited:
Glad to see you're back in fish mode! A spot of Gold and you'll be unstoppable again.

You don't need a detector to find treasure...Your a natural. Amazing..

Thats great and amazing, I didn't think you would get back in so soon, congrats....that had to feel good. Take it one step at a time.

Cliff

Scuba
I'm glad to see that you out and about.
You remind me of myself when I'm injured. I can only set around for so long and then I have to do something. I just hope you don't re-injure yourself like I have when I should have stayed on the couch. Stubbornness has been a life long enemy of mine.
Take care and be careful from Clint.

Aah! Scuba that's GREAT to hear! I've kept you in my nightly meditations. Glad to know you are healing. You make my day happier!

take it easy and don't rush your body. I'm still rootin' for ya!

SageGrouse

Thanks ALL for the welcome back! I am going to try to detect next week. Will see how that goes. Finally got photobucket to work last night. Here are a couple pictures.

The second bottle says:

PH. KLING BRC CO
DETROIT MICH
PURE AND WITHOUT
DRUGS OR POISONS
REGISTERED

The milk bottle is from Oakland Dairy Pontiac Michigan

I found 3 of them. One broke in half when I picked it up. The other had a big crack at the lip of it and no writing on it so it went in the trash.

As I said, none were really old this time. I will get out and find more I am sure.

Thanks ALL for the welcome back! I am going to try to detect next week. Will see how that goes. Finally got photobucket to work last night. Here are a couple pictures.

The second bottle says:

PH. KLING BRC CO
DETROIT MICH
PURE AND WITHOUT
DRUGS OR POISONS
REGISTERED

The milk bottle is from Oakland Dairy Pontiac Michigan

I found 3 of them. One broke in half when I picked it up. The other had a big crack at the lip of it and no writing on it so it went in the trash.

As I said, none were really old this time. I will get out and find more I am sure.

HEY! Good to see you getting back in the water! I remember when I was diving nearly daily back in the 70's and had to take time off due to a work injury, it SUCKED! So I'm glad you're getting wet again.

My hunting partner pulled an almost identical anchor out of St Andrews Bay here, to the one on the right . Her anchor was buried in the mucky grassy bottom though. And it was way more rusted than yours. Funny thing, her anchor had about as much rope on it as yours.

Congrats SD!

The ONLY reason I found that anchor was becasuse of the rope!! I followed it to the end and then dug. Not one part of that thing was visable. Got to love ropes on the bottom. I do find a lot of sand anchors like that. I just sold 10 of them last month.

Scuba, how is the hand doing? You must have lucked out to be able to dive already again. I am hoping you will be detecting again soon. Nice finds by eye too. hh an gl -Joe

The ONLY reason I found that anchor was becasuse of the rope!! I followed it to the end and then dug. Not one part of that thing was visable. Got to love ropes on the bottom. I do find a lot of sand anchors like that. I just sold 10 of them last month.

looks like you healed up,,,,great to get back in the water after a sit out period,,,,,I think we have a sit out period going on here right now cause its so dang rough,,,,,GL HH

Well my hand sure hurts still and its impossible to wrap my fingers around a detector handle. It was great being in the water and I will go back and find more goodies in another lake as soon as possible. Kevin had to help me with my wetsiut. Life goes on and we have to live no matter what gets tossed our way so I try to make the best of everything.

Well I gor out on a dive today in an inland lake. No metal detecting but just scrounging around. Found some bottles, not super old. One is pretty cool. Its an embossed beer bottle. Says Made without Drugs or Poisons! LOL thats always good for beer I think. Even though I do not drink.

Found two nice boat anchors, one is a stainless steel folding one. Never saw one like it before. Also got an LG cell phone. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Great to be playing in the water. Very hard to put my wetsuit on though. Things can only get better. Kevin detected but didn't find a lot unfortunately.

Nice finds Scuba! Depending on the size that stainless anchor you found could be worth quite a bit of money. Do a search for "North Hill Folding Anchor" and you'll find some like it.

Back
Top Bottom