Hello from Minnesota

FirefighterGal

Helly Everyone,
I've been lurking on here for a few days and finally sealed the deal and made a log-on name. I'm from Minnesota and have been wanting to metal detect for a while. I do a lot of family history in my spare time and like the idea of digging up history, especially to show my small kids. I am thinking of purchasing a Garrett 150 but I may change my mind after hearing opinions. I see people on here that search for silver coins and other things. How do people make money off what they find? Please aim me in the right direction! Also, we got lots of snow outside...I mean, it IS Minnesota. I got some time to research and purchase what I need. My family likes to camp so there might be some chances to poke around the campgrounds for goodies. My kids are still a bit too little to appreciate a lot of fishing :) On a different note, we live on a five acre hobby farm and the adjoining crop land is family owned. My house (half of it) was built in the 1800s as a log house. There a lot of history on the land and I'm excited to see what is under there. I have found old tractor parts, pop cans, and some other things just by poking around outside.

I'm looking forward to talking with you all!

Sounds like you have the area. Depending on what your willing to spend and just how interested you are in the hobby is the first things to consider. I have two ATPros by Garrett. $600 each. Great machines land or water. there are a lot of good machines for around 2 to 3 hundred. Talk to people and check out the sponcers on the forum for a good deal and let them know you are a forum member. Good luck and happy hunting. PS a good pinpointer is a must. I use garrett pro pointers, around $130 each.HH:yes:

Back
Top Bottom