Major bucket lister plus some other goodies

Jlemay3

These finds are from three seperate hunts Saturday, Sunday, and yesterday. Start it of with my personal favorite, being from Massachusetts this has been near the top of my list for awhile. I haven't finished cleaning it completely as I want to be careful not to ruin it, plus it's that stubborn dirt that peroxide and toothbrush won't touch.

1788 Massachusetts Cent
A7rpnRR.jpg

mp2sivw.jpg

War of 1812 pewter Kings 8th Regiment of Foot button
NAeQ2tl.jpg

Late 1700's cuff button commemorating the first manned hot air balloon flight
wXEe7wI.jpg

Fancy shoebuckle frame
1EYOrbR.jpg

And finally a piece of brass musket plate
LEmeBIM.jpg

Some very fine recoveries. The Massachusetts Copper is an outstanding dig and is in fantastic condition. Take much care in its cleaning. Congrats on one superb outing. Trapper

Be careful cleaning that. At some point u will be doing more damage than cleaning. 90% of the time u realize uve hit that point, after rather then before hurting it.
That coin looks nice. but like most coppers, u can see the patina flaking off from the outer edge. You dont want that to start creeping onto the face.
Unfortunately the usually look good wet and in pictures but much different dry .
I dug three so far and the one thats the best is no where near as nice as yours.

I think they are so cool. And I think paul revere had something to do with making them if I remember correctly. Maybe he touched it or saw it.
It just gets u thinking. Way cool

Attachments

• photo-20151201075855.jpg
    photo-20151201075855.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 320
Such amazing finds! I really like that cuff button. That Massachusetts cent is awesome! Congrats on the great finds.

Thanks everyone! Being from Mass this has been at the top of my bucket list, now to try and find the half cent version haha.

Dude is on fire! Nice haul!

Yeah definitely have a good streak going, figures I find that copper right after complaining to you about having no luck back home haha.

Be careful cleaning that. At some point u will be doing more damage than cleaning. 90% of the time u realize uve hit that point, after rather then before hurting it.
That coin looks nice. but like most coppers, u can see the patina flaking off from the outer edge. You dont want that to start creeping onto the face.
Unfortunately the usually look good wet and in pictures but much different dry .
I dug three so far and the one thats the best is no where near as nice as yours.

I think they are so cool. And I think paul revere had something to do with making them if I remember correctly. Maybe he touched it or saw it.
It just gets u thinking. Way cool

Thanks man! Yeah I'm done cleaning it, once it totally dried it started chipping. Super frustrating cause some chip and are toasted underneath and some have even better details. The flakes are really thin but this isn't a coin I'm willing to risk it on, braided hair maybe but not this one. And yeah the picture was taken with light on it, the Indian side shows up really well without light but the patina is uneven on the eagle side so it needs light to see all the details. Either way I'm very pleased, definitely one of my best coins so far. And yours is in nice shape too!

Such amazing finds! I really like that cuff button. That Massachusetts cent is awesome! Congrats on the great finds.

Thanks man, the crazy thing is one of my friends actually found the exact same cuff button but his is complete, both buttons still linked together. Not from the same site though.

Back
Top Bottom