Standing with the Barber

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Last night I found a good spot with a couple wheats, but the mosquitos ate me alive so I went back this morning between the raindrops.

This year I have found 3 silver GW's which is a lot for me, so when I saw the big silver rim, I thought it was another GW - SURPRISE stander:shock:
(She was nicked when I found her...)

Just 25 feet later I got the scratchy deep signal which turned out to be the 1899 crusty Barber dime.

Nine wheats and some marbles round out the hunt.

Happy Hunting Everybody!

Attachments

• 7-14-18 goods.jpg
    7-14-18 goods.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 7-14-18 Stander & Barber.jpg
    7-14-18 Stander & Barber.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 7-14-18 Staner & Barber rev.jpg
    7-14-18 Staner & Barber rev.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 7-14-18 Stander.jpg
    7-14-18 Stander.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 265
Nice digs! A Barber and a Stander in the same hunt is a great day!

Yeeow that lady's clothes are almost worn off!:shock::lol::lookclose: Just kidding, two nice silver coins and good detail on the stander.Wish I could find one.:yes:

That's awesome mat! It's pretty rare that you see someone post a Stander on here. Looks like it's an older one too! Great job!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just 25 feet later I got the scratchy deep signal which turned out to be the 1899 crusty Barber dime.

I'm a newbie - can you tell me a little more about the 'scratchy deep signal' for silver? Hunting a 3-4 acre area that has a lot of nails, only found one silver Rosie and a couple of clad dimes but quite a few pennies. Wonder if I am ignoring some signals that might be deep silver. Thanks!!

Some more great finds Matt, congrats. :woot: You have been killing it on oldies lately! :detector:
Thanks Wolfie, how is your coin collection coming?
Yeeow that lady's clothes are almost worn off!:shock::lol::lookclose: Just kidding, two nice silver coins and good detail on the stander.Wish I could find one.:yes:
Stay after it, they are still out there
Congrats on the SLQ and barber dime!
Thanks
Wow! Nice finds Matt!
Thanks
Awesome hunt congrats on the Silvers.
Thank you
Nice mix of goodies there! You did find a good spot!
Thanks
Wow...you found some old dirt to dig in. Congrats on the silvers!
Thanks, might hit it again tonight if it cools off
That's awesome mat! It's pretty rare that you see someone post a Stander on here. Looks like it's an older one too! Great job!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks, I ahve been very fortunate, as this is my third ever
I'm a newbie - can you tell me a little more about the 'scratchy deep signal' for silver? Hunting a 3-4 acre area that has a lot of nails, only found one silver Rosie and a couple of clad dimes but quite a few pennies. Wonder if I am ignoring some signals that might be deep silver. Thanks!!
It is common knowledge that a coin sounds different on edge than lying flat.
I also know that when coins are corroded they sound different (I hit a wheat yesterday in the 60's and they are normally in the upper 70's)
Therefore, I am guessing that this crusty silver was on edge and I don't recall the number on the display, but it was not a crisp clean typical silver sound.
Hope that helps...

Beautiful coins, Matt! The marbles are neat, too. Congrats on another outstanding hunt! :thumbsup:

Thanks Wolfie, how is your coin collection coming?

It's slowly growing, several weeks ago I found over a dozen Wheaties CRHing. :D Also, a friend at church who knows I like coins gave me a merc and a buff. :grin: Thanks again for helping my collection grow with what you sent me. :hi5: I really like them. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom