With a little luck I should have Equinox 6” coil soon

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Will be talking about and comparing to Deus wearing Hf elliptical coil, Etrac wearing 6”coil and Impact wearing 4x7”coil.

Both testing and in the field on undisturbed targets.

Will compare to stock 11”dd coil too.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your tests. It will likely determine whether I purchase one or not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Are you getting one from Minelab before release?

Nope.
I am buying mine.
They are released it seems with allocations going to dealers.
At least in USA.
Some other countries seems dealers there are getting them too.

I have seen one report where one gent’s coil has indeed been shipped to him.
My coil likely will be shipped Friday (fingers crossed).

So I will be testing coil on my dime and my time.

Nope.
I am buying mine.
They are released it seems with allocations going to dealers.
At least in USA.
Some other countries seems dealers there are getting them too.

I have seen one report where one gent’s coil has indeed been shipped to him.
My coil likely will be shipped Friday (fingers crossed).

So I will be testing coil on my dime and my time.

Thanks for the heads up

This link shows where at least one gent looks like is getting his.
https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/6962-equinox-6-coil/?page=4

This links shows at least one other individual getting one soon it looks like.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2453271,page=2

Folks wanting one of the coils sooner vs later. Try sponsors here first. If you don’t succeed then you might read and take my advice here in this link.
It might pay off.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=263430

My coil coming from sponsor here.

Last edited:
Dave your - Test

If its the 6 inch EQ 2 coil they are :roll: junk, really no- comparison , use the SEf 6x8 for comparison with the Etrac, and deus 9- HF coil , other wise it's a Deus HF winner, Earl

Larry

Ya me to , i burned out my thread on ML accessories , don't know how TNSS will get one, we will see if he has connection's :yes::lol: but the 15 inch EQ coil is what i want to, i ran 2 etrac's with both the 6 inch EQ2 EX.- coil, and SEF6x8, only to find out that separation, and depth could not even come close to the SEF 6x8 coil, it was a coil that you didn't take off , i liked it on side walk strip's, school yard's , park's , I see Captain Silver went from the EQ2 EX. coil on his Explorer to the SEF 6x8, WATCH his find's pick up, :yes:, anyway TNSS if you have any word on when both coils will become available WE would like to here - Equinox 6 and 15 coil's, after 6 months of waiting , giving up, i see the 800 is- becoming more available now, so hoping by August 1st, Itsaring cross your toe's :lol:. Hope both of us are swinging the 15 inch by August, keep me posted, Earl PS -TNSS Hope the coils are easier to GET, Than the Equinox 800s :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ya me to , i burned out my thread on ML accessories , don't know how TNSS will get one, we will see if he has connection's :yes::lol: but the 15 inch EQ coil is what i want to, i ran 2 etrac's with both the 6 inch EQ2 EX.- coil, and SEF6x8, only to find out that separation, and depth could not even come close to the SEF 6x8 coil, it was a coil that you didn't take off , i liked it on side walk strip's, school yard's , park's , I see Captain Silver went from the EQ2 EX. coil on his Explorer to the SEF 6x8, WATCH his find's pick up, :yes:, anyway TNSS if you have any word on when both coils will become available WE would like to here - Equinox 6 and 15 coil's, after 6 months of waiting , giving up, i see the 800 is- becoming more available now, so hoping by August 1st, Itsaring cross your toe's :lol:. Hope both of us are swinging the 15 inch by August, keep me posted, Earl PS -TNSS Hope the coils are easier to GET, Than the Equinox 800s :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Earl,
Some dealers seems have been allocated 6”coils.
I happened to communicate with a dealer who coincide tally had one (their allocation’ being shipped to them. I was asked if I wanted and said yes.
So if Inget one I got lucky.
Folks should be calling dealers and see what they say, you might get lucky like me. With time I a man sure the coils will be more available. I hope so at least. Anyway at least I can spend so em ti:e with mine if I receive and get folks the skinny maybe. My reporting will be honest. And based on my reporting some folks may indeed pass on the coil in the end.

Thats good

Called my sponsor up today, a ML dealer, he hasn't herd anything keep us posted , and any new's on your contact with a EQ -15 coil landing hook me up by PM thanks Earl

Just because a person’s finds pick up when they change coils don’t necessarily tell the real story as far as performance.

Things that could affect a rise in finds could be, coil is deeper, more ground covered. But even though you are finding more finds. You could still be missing some finds. And one of the finds missed could be a remarkable find. Not all cut and dried.

Anyone trying to find the highest amount of finds they can, most times a smaller coil not the way to go. As long as you have loads of sites to hunt. But some sites based on history/ activity, may indeed warrant a small coil to try and sneak out a nice find or two.

Im not wasting clams on the hockey puck where i hunt. The CTX one couldnt pay for shipping. The 17" paid for the CTX more than 3 times over:lol: I sold Craig my 8x6 and he doesnt take it off his machine that i know of:yes:

Larry

I here ya , i haven't used the 6 ctx yet, holding on to it for land hunting, if i still had the etrac , or- i would still have the 8x6, well that's 2 Northern East coast guy's the Boss and Captain- that have cached on :lol: Larry it just take's the Old School longer to catch on . :friends: Cmon Equinox 15 coil :frustrated::waiting: TNSS thanks :back2topic::thumbsup:

Coil transaction complete. On its way to me.
Courtesy of Antique Detectors - Jerry.
Super dealer to deal with.
So the wait continues, maybe Monday i’ll have and can start drilling down on coil’s performance and report here.

Back
Top Bottom