Back at square 1 As an OG.... CRAZY!

Swing360

curbstrip nut
Forum Supporter
Sometimes life gets crazy... A few bad business decisions and a business partner that didn't share the same vision forced me to close shop.

Ultimately I went from being successful to broke in almost a full year. Amazing... Thankfully my wife is a trooper and we'll bounce back in a year or 2, but I've definitely been humbled.

While I'm not here to post about my sob story or ask for any remorse, I DO WANT TO KNOW WHAT I'VE MISSED!

I've sold all my machines, so I'll be needing a new one for myself and Jedediah (y'all know my partner in crime) Is there a new model of ATP because that's what im thinking since I've owned several and know them well.

Also, what MAJOR news have I missed since late 2016? New machines, new tech, new Nokta? (Some of y'all will find that funny 😂)

It's certainly good to be back home here with everybody. Lord,Seabee,BentRod,IceScratcher,Choppa and others I've forgotten, You've definitely been missed!

welcomebackchalkboardhh.jpg

Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles....but it will all work out for the best.

The ONLY machine out there that's finding anything at all is the Nox of course...everything else is just like a Micronta compared to the power of the Nox. The Nox will grab the gold from any park and put it two inches below your coil, even if it's not turned on :)

Seriously though, the ATP is still one of the best machines in its price range.

Welcome back. Florida Real estate and another bad decision a couple years back did me in. I know the feeling. Good luck and it sounds like you have a great spouse to help!

Oh yeah the ATPro Max is out, but the hot new detector on the Market is the MInelab Equinox. Do a thread search and you’ll learn more than you wAnt to know or hear, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! Bummer about the business, but that's the risk one takes being their own boss, I suppose. I've been too chicken to strike out on my own, and I have a lot of respect for you and your wife for giving it a try. Don't stop with just one dip in the pool, though!

On the detectors, I love my Deus, and it's an easy transition from ATP to it. However, if you don't need/want quite that much complexity, the AT Max would be a great update to your old faithful, I think. It's wireless, and has a lovely new, solid polymer grip (versus the old sponge). I'm considering picking one of them up, myself, since my dad borrowed back my ATP... :laughing:

Wondered what happened to you. I remember an old quote from you: "swing 360 degrees; miss nothing." I sometimes think of that to entertain myself when the digging is slow. Welcome back.

Welcome back and sounds like you’ve got the right attitude!

I miss seeing posts from Bentrod too...his posts helped me a lot with my old bounty hunter when o first got started.

The Nox 600/800 seem to be intriguingly attractive to me at least but still out of my budget for now...

Good to see you back!

Hey man. Welcome back, was wondering what happened to you. Go for the Nox800, sorry you had to sell your CTX. The Nox sounds almost as good but much better price. Had the opportunity to hunt a golf course this winter and cleaned up nice. I know you have some experience with a golf course. Gave me 104 silver by the end of May. Pretty much cleaned that place out. Good luck to you and your curb strip hunting.

Welcome back, and I did just read your Curb Strip thread, very well done! I do a lot of parking strip hunts and find them great (when unsearched) for coins. I've spent some time in Port Townsend and recognized some of your pics, and have dug bottles with Russ the PT bottle digger!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but it sounds like you and your wife have the right attitude to get it turned around again. I found your curb strip thread about a year ago, and I honestly think it's one of the best threads on the forum (I still think it should be a "sticky" thread). I started curb stripping in earnest earlier this year using the knowledge gleaned from that thread, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it!

Welcome back!

Welcome back Swing. As someone who took a spanking through the Great Recession, I can really empathize with you. Life goes on though and we make the best of it. We still live in the greatest place in the world. Sounds like you have a great attitude. Some folks love to wallow in there own misery, but it's not for guys like us. Good luck swinging.

Back
Top Bottom