rain delay

MDMike

A thunderstorm has brought a close to most beachgoers day. I, however, am waiting for the lightening to pass so I can be submerged without children swimming into me and having to fight the urge to thwack 'em once good.

Halftime pics of junk and. 98¢

2012-08-01_18-15-16_47.jpg

2012-08-01_18-18-39_696.jpg

Kids in the water are easy. You just look surprised at the water and say "see that huge fish?" Then back away fast as you can leaving them looking around. Continue to shout "see it, right there, be careful" pointing at nothing while you look to be getting out of there. Believe me, it works and you get a laugh instead of a negative experience. After long enough detecting you will actually like talking to them. Well, some of them. Most kids are cool but some are just like adults, stupid. You can not fix stupid. :laughing:

I dont mind talking to most but one group of em would jump on a wave and ride the boogey boards into me. My main worry is them hitting the scoop and causing great harm to it.

Sat under a pavilion until the thunder rumbled off and hit the once dry sand. Good targets were a plenty, then the rains came again. And it poured and poured but no shockey zap zap stuff so I kept digging. It was the most refreshing and relaxing 45 minute hunt I've ever had in the 20 years I've done this.

The rains cleared and within minutes a new storm brought fresh lightening. It's time to call the hunt and none too soon. Because within that storm front a tornado was spotted.

Back
Top Bottom