Off Topic- Gold Prices

jjm861

Elite Member
Looks like my gold finds will remain in the gun safe for a while. I just checked the current gold price again this morning. $1170.50 an oz. Ouuuuuuch :(:(

I was just coming on to post that very topic. Man a pirate cant make a living anymore. But ...... let me see....... gold in hand or a piece of paper that says i have so many share of worthless stock? Maybe they will start making more gold jewelry.:lol:

No problems... just hold on to your hoard. I'm counting on our gov't to screw things up as they usually do and put us in a recession as they seem do do about every 12-15 yrs or so.

FWIW, anyone looking to liquid a nice ring, I'll pay 20% over spot for one. Looking for a white gold or pt. My fat sausages need a 12-12.5 size though. Just throwing it out there.

FWIW, anyone looking to liquid a nice ring, I'll pay 20% over spot for one. Looking for a white gold or pt. My fat sausages need a 12-12.5 size though. Just throwing it out there.
I'm a 12.5. So any ring that I find that REALLY FITS is almost guaranteed to be a honker! :yes:

If only tungstun was worth anything

I would be a happy camper. Gold and silver both have dropped like a bag of hammers. Found another TC ladies ring yesterday.

I live in the Po but proud part of Florida, unlike Dewcon and Felix who are on the "gold" coast.

Maybe with the price of gold dropping, it will spur people to buy more gold rings instead of that other !!!! they are using nowadays:yes:

I've been trying to find gold or pt bars/coins for a while but cant find anything even near resembling spot prices.. yet prices keep dropping. Check out platinum spot prices if you want s good hoot

Maybe with the price of gold dropping, it will spur people to buy more gold rings instead of that other !!!! they are using nowadays:yes:

Gold stores are rammed in my area of Asia today... I expect more in the next day or 2 due to Chinese Valentine's day on Friday.

Remembering When...

When gold hit $1000.00 I sold.
I saw it hit $1800, I waited for $2000. Never hit that high.
I would have, should have, but didn't.

At lest it is double the $600 range when a friend sold when gold was going down.

Still it is fun to fondle and reminisce over the finds of the past and how easy it was to find a couple of rings a day. Wishing I was digging back in the early '70s when a bad day was when you brought home only 5 or 6 gold rings a day!

Right now Gil.....all im getting is parents letting their small kids play in the nasty water... ugh. I think im getting the toilet bowel water from you guys in the middle of the state.:laughing: All of us are going to take up gold Gil and make it harder for you to get on the course.

Damn, I just sold a white gold 14k 12.5 at 90 percent spot. I might have another 12-12.5 but I think it is yellow not white. I'll let you know if I do find another, but usually rings in the honker size are titanium or tungsten.

Back
Top Bottom