Is it possible to detect CD-R or DVD-R with metal detector ?

agami19

It seems that CD-R or DVD-R contain a thin film of aluminium.
I wonder if metal detector is capable to detect a pack of CD-R, and at what distance (depth) ?

Could anybody do some tests and compare the detection distance (if any) to this of a coin ? How position of CD-R (flat/edge) affects detection ?

I got twenty two inches with my Ace on a heavy metal C.D and ta bit more on a old Tower or Power disc....must have been all the brass.

OK, thanks guys :-)

So I understand that real detection value is of about 10 inches ?

Anybody got more ? (except those jokes with heavy metal ;-) )

I am just preparing a time capsule for future generations - I don't want it to be discovered too soon, accidentally, by someone with a metal detector :-)
(some books, photos, memoirs and a couple CD & DVD)

Most rap records, IMHO

Left the "C' off of that word, for sure!:lol:

Yeah, dirty nursery rhymes to a beat! :lol: It's all kid stuff. Fortunately most out grow it as they become more educated, others become "gangsters" and take their places on the prison rolls. 3 squares and a place to sleep for those idiots. :?: Busta Rhymes - what a role model - NOT! :yes:

The Shark

Yeah, dirty nursery rhymes to a beat! :lol: It's all kid stuff. Fortunately most out grow it as they become more educated, others become "gangsters" and take their places on the prison roles. 3 squares and a place to sleep for those idiots. :?: Busta Rhymes - what a role model - NOT! :yes:

The Shark
C'mon PokerShark bet you're bustin a move as I type this :lol::lol::lol:.

Attachments

• 5FDE9-break-dancing.gif
    5FDE9-break-dancing.gif
    4 KB · Views: 3,151
Back
Top Bottom