unreal diamond ring recovered!!!!

HannibalNectar

Elite Member
At the local breakfast place I eat at every day, I heard about a man who lost his wedding ring. They said he rented a detector and couldn't find it. When they told me who it was I immediately knew the ring. He is a quiet man in his 70's? who is a Navy VETERAN. He is a regular and ive always looked at his ring because It is a huge ring with five big diamonds. By far the biggest diamonds ive seen on a mens band. ( Im ALWAYS looking at jewelry since ive been detecting)
So I met him and had him tell me where he was in the yard when he thought he lost it. I got started and ten mins later I got the ring in bark mulch around a new rose bush he had planted.
the ring was bigger than I thought. It was so loose on my thumb. And the diamonds. .. not sure size but each one could be on a ladies solitary engagement ring. $

So I knocked on the door and when he came out I was loading up my car with my detector. He asked If I was giving up. I said ya. The ring is definitely not in the yard. He said he didn't think there was a chance it could be found anyway. I said the ring isn't in the yard cuz its right here! And dropped it in his hand.

He was like no F-ing way! And called to his wife to come look. I had found it. With that she came to the door half dressed and was crying. (They had been married 45yrs And it was their original ring. It clearly meant alot to them. Especially her)
She said im half naked but I dont care im going to kiss you.And she did.
That was my first ring return. And im not sure if it can be topped. Not just because It was a very expensive band. But because as I backed down the drive way, I looked back at the two of them holding each other & kissing as both were crying. It was really nice.

Thanks for looking and GOOD LUCK 2 ALL!

Attachments

• 20180713_060907-1.jpg
    20180713_060907-1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 779
  • 20180713_060854-1.jpg
    20180713_060854-1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 747
  • 20180713_060854-2.jpg
    20180713_060854-2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 735
Way to go!!!! those are the stories that make it all worthwhile. I hope I can someday get the chance to do the same for someone. Great Job!!!!

That's a dream come true right there. Half naked woman kissing you! I keed, I keed. Really great story and return. As others have said, that's what makes our hobby special.

BCD

That's a great story. Congrats on the recovery. I'm sure that couple will never forget you and your kind deed. This is what makes our hobby so great and worthwhile.
Bubbaron

Wow, great work and thank you for bringing that old couple such happiness!

I've been asked a couple of times to find rings, so far I've struck out. Hope I can do the same as you some day!

A great memory not only for you but for the couple also. Life will repay you down the road as the gift of your effort will surely be rewarded. It is a huge and beautiful Ring. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom