first hunt NEW E-TRAC = first 4 me

71duster

Ok guys I finally got out with new E-Trac, I lucked out on getting permission for my first hunt in an 1800's yard (cool story in permission part of forum, check it out) Anyway I just wanted to check out and try to learn the tones-whistles I didn't expect to find anything. I turned on and started swinging (I didn't even go into the menu, hoping to get some good tips on this) using the standard dig high tones and repeatable signals, anyway 3ft from where I started I got a nice loud high tone, popped the plug and found nice old big brass hinge but I noticed real cool engravings on it, put it in bag to take home and clean better. happy that I found anything old started swinging again, another nice tone bout 2 ft from last plug and was a spill of 1960's nickels just clad buts cool, a foot away, another nice tone, old brass bell, anyway again and again nice tones old buckle, more clad, copper pocket watch, 1950's Birmingham bus token, then I get a tone that was iffy but repeatable, deep plug then deeper (deeper than my garrett carrot) saw edge of round, pulled out an "1898 INDIAN CENT"!!! my first!! Anyway I've only dug bout 30% of this yard (slow machine) and I have a lot more new permission to learn the E-TRAC should be fun. thanks for looking, gona try and load pics hasn't been doing well so bear with me while I try to get you pics

Attachments

• IMG_0969 (2).jpg
    IMG_0969 (2).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0970 (2).jpg
    IMG_0970 (2).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0971 (2).jpg
    IMG_0971 (2).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0976 (2).jpg
    IMG_0976 (2).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0982 (2).jpg
    IMG_0982 (2).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 156
I'd say you had a pretty good first outing with your new machine! Congrats on the cool finds! The etrac can be frustrating at first but you'll love it more and more each time you use it.

I admit I was a bit worried bout it being over whelming but after using it now just excited bout learning it. I'm coming from an ATPro which is a great machine, it has found me a bag of rings, couple buckets of coins and a lot relics, and yes a big bag of trash lol, I wont get rid of it. However I always wished it would give me a little more info,, something I know the E-TRAC will be able to do. I'm just gona get out and swing and learn it as I go. gona try and find an Andy S E-TRAC book used if I can, I think the book will help along with members here

Congrats on your first Indian Head !!! Great Hunt with the new Etrac. The Etrac is a great coin machine and ID's very good at depth.

Nice maiden hunt .. Hope your next will be even better. Congrats..

Thanks guys for all the cool comments, this forum is loaded great people!!! Thought you might find it interesting I researched that brass hinge and Found one just like it in Smithsonian museum its from 1881,, a lot of what I found was from mid to late 1800's

Great first hunt man! I find that my etrac is nice and deep, but the first number will be off quiet often, pay more attention to the second number. I have had targets that started as a solid 2 38 that when i scraped off maybe an inch of leaves suddenly start showing 12 38. Granted these were on good targets that were probably 8 to 10 inches down.

Back
Top Bottom