Nice Piece of Gold!

Compass

Forum Supporter
I still haven't found a gold ring in 2017 but I can't complain too much since I have found a couple of nice gold medals including one yesterday. :yes:
At the 3rd beach I stopped at I could tell that some sand had moved since last weekend and that more black sand was showing in low spots.
In one patch of jet black sand I got a loud repeating signal and after one swipe I saw the unmistakable yellow gleam of gold in the bottom of my scoop!
As I chased out the tide I found a fair amount of green coins, a toasted silver quarter and a silver ring.
picture.php

picture.php

I really like the ancient style lion design on the medal. It kind of has that look of old treasure. :D Its not marked but tests out just below 14K.
picture.php

All in all, a very enjoyable hunt- beautiful weather, lots of targets, a tolerable amount of trash and only 3 zinc pennies all day! GL&HH!

That is a very nice gold find George....man what a beautiful piece. Here's to another one for you on your next hunt:yes::yes:

Nice hunt Compass, that's a nice heavy piece of butter ya scooped up! Do you mostly use your Dual Field on your hunts?

That's a hefty piece too, like the lion as well, I'd take that over a ring but I know rings are cool to nab as well!

Congrats!

:dingding: Who needs a gold ring when you find a nice chunk of gold like that? Nice looking lion too!

Congrats on the gold and GW!
Thanks Captain, I think I find more gold items than silver coins so yes, the GW was nice!

Congrats , you cleaned up and gold too !! HH
Thanks Ricki, Yes, a fair amount of trash at this beach to clean up! :yes:

That's a great looking hunt. Congrats with the goodies!
Thanks bruinvikes!

That is a very nice gold find George....man what a beautiful piece. Here's to another one for you on your next hunt:yes::yes:
Thanks Jeff, Found this one at my north beach. ;)

I'd be very happy to find that! Nice, shiny, and unique!
Thanks Bklein, I agree- I like all gold, of course, but it is nice to get something different occasionally. :yes:

Last edited:
I really like the ancient style lion design on the medal. It kind of has that look of old treasure. :D I

Took the words right out of my mouth.

In fact, I'd find a small ruby to set in his eye. Also, I'd remove the eyelet and place it in a bezel like an ancient coin. You could totally keep and wear it....it's a conversation piece and unique for sure!

Attachments

• bezel.jpg
    bezel.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 627
Congrats

Nice , almost 10 grams -400.00 clams, that made your day, happy hunting. PS George, now go get the chain within 10 yards from were you found the Gold.!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :yes::lol:

Very nice, cool design too!
Thank you Z, Yes, all gold is great but pretty gold is even better! :yes:

Nice hunt Compass, that's a nice heavy piece of butter ya scooped up! Do you mostly use your Dual Field on your hunts?
Thanks Slim, Yes, I use the DF 90%-95% of the time but I want to give the Excal some more opportunities in 2017. I only used the Excal a couple of times last year and on one of those hunts I got my only gold chain of 2016. :yes:

That's a hefty piece too, like the lion as well, I'd take that over a ring but I know rings are cool to nab as well!

Congrats!
Thanks GS, I do like to find the gold rings too but a little variety is good too! :yes:

:dingding: Who needs a gold ring when you find a nice chunk of gold like that? Nice looking lion too!
Thanks Felix, Well, you should know a thing or two about cats! :lol:

Yeah I like that one there! Nice Work Compass!
Thanks Mud, Sure was nice to get it early in the hunt too- made for a long stress-free day. :yes:

Great find for all your hard work.

HH
Donna
Thank you Donna!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

In fact, I'd find a small ruby to set in his eye. Also, I'd remove the eyelet and place it in a bezel like an ancient coin. You could totally keep and wear it....it's a conversation piece and unique for sure!
Thanks David, Yes, it would look better in a coin setting. Ruby eye...hmm. :D

Nice , almost 10 grams -400.00 clams, that made your day, happy hunting. PS George, now go get the chain within 10 yards from were you found the Gold.!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :yes::lol:
Thanks Earl, Finding chains with the PI machine would be tough. Finding them with a PI machine in thick black sand? Impossible I think? :(

Wow, beauty of a charm! Congrats!
Thank you V!

Boy that is a Nice "Heavy Chunk" of Gold!! Congrads..we need more like that!

Back
Top Bottom