Northern Numismatic Neoprene Ninjas!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
The first 2017 meeting of the N4 met yesterday at a dirt boatramp. Forum Brother STURRAT our Club President, did all the pertinent preparations, site pre-scouting and set it all up, (Thanks Rat) after the minutes were read, rules established, (none) batteries checked, with great excitement, the 4 of us went in to ply our craft!

Immediately upon entering this Lake Ice slushy, 3 of the 4 members discovered catastrophic water intrusion of their sockal regions, myself included...(What good are chest waders when the feet leak?) Not to be deturd by this uncomfortable experience, we stayed at it for @3hrs...Through it all, we damned the Proline Wader brand heartily!:laughing:

STURRAT found a silver Washington Q! We all found Wheat pennies and various bits of common water hunter detritus that piqued our interest and hopes for GOLD...

I found this one interesting item, a little brass replica of a beer bottle? observed in my junk shot NW above the lower jaw bone of a quadruped of sorts...Everyone made it home alive, so compared to other things we coulda been doing on a February Michigan Saturday morning, we are gonna call it a screaming success!

Attachments

• feb 11-17.jpg
    feb 11-17.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 518
  • feb 11-17-1.jpg
    feb 11-17-1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 520
  • feb 11-17-2.jpg
    feb 11-17-2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 520
  • feb 11-17-3.jpg
    feb 11-17-3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 508
  • feb 11-17-4.jpg
    feb 11-17-4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 612
  • feb 11-17-5.jpg
    feb 11-17-5.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 513
LOL Mud, your wordsmithing is something else. Love your stories. BRRR. Water intrusion in your waders this time of year? I would have bailed!

Does your brass bottle open? It looks like you can unscrew the bottom from the top. Drugs? I have a small one that is solid.

Great job guys I'm jelly you found some open water! :cool:

These wader hangers are supposed to keep neoprene waders from springing leaks. Something about storing neoprene waders with the heavy boots pulling on the seams is what "experts" (people selling wader hangers) claim causes the seams to break down and leak. I got a couple so we'll see it it's true.

$_58.JPG

LOL Mud, your wordsmithing is something else. Love your stories. BRRR. Water intrusion in your waders this time of year? I would have bailed!

Waders are on the top of my list for "needed gear" for the new season.
I may have to set the detector down for a week or two
and dust off the fishin rods.
When those lake walleyes go on spawn in April !

Thank you Gentlemen...YOU NAILED It BCD! Thank you! Great work! Mystery Solved!

Irons, as you can see, you were wise to decline my gracious offer to join us...Besides that silver Q the RAT found, just a normal junk Hunt!

I had high hopes though, like normal...Between the 4 of us attending, we have a combined 200yrs of Life Experience, and at least 50yrs of working coil!

I did attempt an aggregious 'leapfrog' of my club mates that you would have been proud of!...Distracted by a clad spill, They got in front of me, sweeping virgin bottom and leaving me nothing but holes and glass! So I pluckily climbed out of the Lake over the 4' seawall and ran up the shoreline to get in front of them!

When I jumped back off the seawall though, the water was so deep, it spilled over the tops of my 'cut down wader hip boots' and soaked my unprotected khaki esconched crotch! That cold water grabbed my pills as tight as a MAGA hat at a Trump Rally! And, like a couple of frozen marbles fired vertically out of an underpants Wrist Rocket, they both flew in tandem the length of my body and bounced off the base of my skull!

I let out the obligatory Manly swears for effect, and a girlish "woowooowooo" to enhance the experience, all the while peeling the wood off that seawall like a Morbark chipper as I attempted a rapid climb up out of there!!

Like a soaked 60yr old fat mouse struggling to get out of a plastic coffee can! Rat Hollered, "Hey! You look like a drunken old man who just pist his pants!" ....Old?...

Attachments

• oct 3014-4.jpg
    oct 3014-4.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 481
  • jan 1-17-2.jpg
    jan 1-17-2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
I didn't want to curse you fine gentlemen. My ability to cause massive amounts of ice to scurry across the lake and plug a formerly ice free detecting beach by just thinking about going there is truly legendary.
My ice moving powers are ridiculously strong this winter too. It's kind of scary @ this point. :wow:

Had I decided to make the 2+ hour drive you guys would have been iced out.

My ice moving powers are ridiculously strong this winter too. It's kind of scary @ this point. :wow:

Had I decided to make the 2+ hour drive you guys would have been iced out.

What are you doing later?

<°)))>{

Waders and snow sure add a whole level of difficulty to water hunting.

Waders and snow sure add a whole level of difficulty to water hunting.

I know this is difficult for Florida hunters to grasp but I prefer cold water hunting. I hate overheating it sucks the energy out of me and in my neck of the woods there is nobody around in the early spring and fall.
No boats no tourists cottage people are gone. It's really nice. :yes:

Congrats Mud. Keep at it and before you know it... gold.

good news is that cellphone looks old enough to have 1/2g of gold or so in it.

Last edited:
I know this is difficult for Florida hunters to grasp but I prefer cold water hunting. I hate overheating it sucks the energy out of me and in my neck of the woods there is nobody around in the early spring and fall.

I'd enjoy those parts of it :) Nice and quiet and probably crystal clear waters?

I actually understand. Hunting in the late fall and winter is such a much better experience than dealing with the oppressive summer heat and humidity for me down here.

I found this one interesting item, a little brass replica of a beer bottle? observed in my junk shot NW above the lower jaw bone of a quadruped of sorts...Everyone made it home alive, so compared to other things we coulda been doing on a February Michigan Saturday morning, we are gonna call it a screaming success!

When I jumped back off the seawall though, the water was so deep, it spilled over the tops of my 'cut down wader hip boots' and soaked my unprotected khaki esconched crotch! That cold water grabbed my pills as tight as a MAGA hat at a Trump Rally! And, like a couple of frozen marbles fired vertically out of an underpants Wrist Rocket, they both flew in tandem the length of my body and bounced off the base of my skull!

LMAO!!! And I thought you were kidding about a "junk shot" but nope, you managed to include a photo of your junk as well!

No WAY you would get me out in that cold slush, certainly not with defective waders. A wise man once wrote that cold water enters a wader at pi r squared the rate of warm water. You're living proof. Thanks for the laughs, Mud.

The first 2017 meeting of the N4 met yesterday at a dirt boatramp. Forum Brother STURRAT our Club President, did all the pertinent preparations, site pre-scouting and set it all up, (Thanks Rat) after the minutes were read, rules established, (none) batteries checked, with great excitement, the 4 of us went in to ply our craft!

Immediately upon entering this Lake Ice slushy, 3 of the 4 members discovered catastrophic water intrusion of their sockal regions, myself included...(What good are chest waders when the feet leak?) Not to be deturd by this uncomfortable experience, we stayed at it for @3hrs...Through it all, we damned the Proline Wader brand heartily!:laughing:

STURRAT found a silver Washington Q! We all found Wheat pennies and various bits of common water hunter detritus that piqued our interest and hopes for GOLD...

Lake slushy:lol:

Alright mud way to go! That's a cool lighter for sure. Is that guy using a Tesoro out there? HH!

Yep! Good eye! Thats a Cortez...The rest of us were swinging Pros...Me and Rat met these two guys at our Coin Collector Club...Theres several other interesting people there that have been Privey Diggers and are looking at getting into the Detecting Sport...I gave them the contact info to some of our Sponsors here...

Thanks Everyone, I figured you Southerners would like to see some Northern Pics...And yes, it is really not bad at all hunting in the Cold...We just like to make a big deal about it! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom