Another silver unmasked with the equinox yesterday...

ohiochris

Elite Member
A 1956 Rosie...

The picture has all the silver Ive found so far with the equinox in high trash areas. Not real impressive compared to the silver others find but this is masked silver that has remained undetected by myself and many others until now , aside from the one that came out of the rubble of a recent demo. Im not getting out very often this year because of back pain but if I was there would likely be a lot more silver to show. Its not coincidental , these areas have been detected hard by myself and others for many years and most of the silver is gone , just ground full of foil , nails , screws , pulltabs , etc., with a few well masked goodies if you are able to unmask them. It took upgrading from the AT pro to the equinox.....and a little patience learning the new machine , to find them. It seen through the mask and did it pretty easily believe it or not.

Ive found a ton of clad with it too but I wont bore anyone with a pic of the clad , especially since Ive already spent most of it :lol:

Attachments

• 20180608_100729[1].jpg
    20180608_100729[1].jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 181
A 1956 Rosie...

The picture has all the silver Ive found so far with the equinox in high trash areas. Not real impressive compared to the silver others find but this is masked silver that has remained undetected by myself and many others until now , aside from the one that came out of the rubble of a recent demo. Im not getting out very often this year because of back pain but if I was there would likely be a lot more silver to show. Its not coincidental , these areas have been detected hard by myself and others for many years and most of the silver is gone , just ground full of foil , nails , screws , pulltabs , etc., with a few well masked goodies if you are able to unmask them. It took upgrading from the AT pro to the equinox.....and a little patience learning the new machine , to find them. It seen through the mask and did it pretty easily believe it or not.

Ive found a ton of clad with it too but I wont bore anyone with a pic of the clad , especially since Ive already spent most of it :lol:
What were your settings?

What were your settings?

I usually hunt in park 2 but have been using park 1 lately. 5 tone , retune speed of 3 ( which is 6 on the 800 ) , iron bias at 2 , sensitivity at 18. Thats about where I keep it whether in park 1 or 2. I am hunting more often with the auto ground tracking on but if I dont use that I atleast ground balance it. Im finding the ID numbers are more accurate or stable with ground balance.

Coin ID numbers vary a little between the modes , slightly higher or lower , so I have to keep that in mind as I am working the trashy ground.

Nice job sniping through trash! I've got an AT Pro and I love it, but all these NOX posts about silver have me one click away from ordering one :lol:

Hope the good luck continues!

Nice job sniping through trash! I've got an AT Pro and I love it, but all these NOX posts about silver have me one click away from ordering one :lol:

Hope the good luck continues!

The AT pro is a good detector . it just dosent unmask as good as the equinox does. The equinox does have its faults , and I would probably rather have a safari , etrac, or ctx ,....but I just cant justify that expense. But for half the cost of those I still get performance somewhat close to what they are capable of so Im happy with it. Depth meter and target ID arent that good but......it separates targets and unmasks awesome , and with an 11 inch coil....thats incredible.

The AT pro is a good detector . it just dosent unmask as good as the equinox does. The equinox does have its faults , and I would probably rather have a safari , etrac, or ctx ,....but I just cant justify that expense. But for half the cost of those I still get performance somewhat close to what they are capable of so Im happy with it. Depth meter and target ID arent that good but......it separates targets and unmasks awesome , and with an 11 inch coil....thats incredible.

Nice group of silvers! Most guys who find a lot at once are usually in virgin yards,not trashy hunted parks,so I’d say that’s a pretty good pile.
As for you rather having a fbs machine,they are good.But the weight is no joke,they’re heavy to swing for long periods of time,and every time I buy one and start swinging I get to thinking wth.lol.Id say light is the way to go,unless your in private yards loaded with old deep silver.....Congrats on the finds.

The tough Silver is always the ones you remember, but with your new machine the memories will become very crowded as the Silver becomes abundant. Congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom