One New Toy, Another on the Way

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got myself two new toys this week. First an 8" CZ-20. I wanted to compare one to a 8" CZ-21. I think the 20 is better but that is just a guess and I decided to see on my own.

Second is another Tiger Shark. I have one with an 8" coil and I have a 10" coil I can put on it. I decided to get another Tiger Shark and keep the 10" coil on it. So I am up to 5 underwater toys. Haven't really decided on an Excal yet. Maybe one day will try one. One day I might be just as addicted as some of you diehards out there.

Congrats on the new machine! If I were a freshwater guy I would buy a brand new Tiger Shark.

I was told by someone whose used the 20.... bought and sold plenty as well, that you should look for the ones with the metal cuff they were a bit hotter.

Bob... whatever happened to that CZ20 I picked up for you years ago?

That is my go to CZ-21 now Craig. It developed a problem and First Texas had to upgrade it for me.

I have a very sneaky suspicion in doing away with the led lights they put different Chinese circuit boards in them. NOW I could be wrong. However something sure smells because EVERY SINGLE time my machine has to go in for repairs the coils are ALWAYS BAD.

I trust Felix there but I am a bit weary of the company.

Congrats on the new machine! If I were a freshwater guy I would buy a brand new Tiger Shark.

Not new but for 225.00 I couldn't pass it up. The Shark has it's place. I don't deny that. However, I will clean out a spot with my CZ before i go back over it with the Shark. That has been a winning combination for me.

Its extremely tough to find a closet Queen CZ20 anymore!...at a decent price, a Fresh water one even more so...where the wire sheathing is not rotted, the batt hatch isnt ear cracked, no alkaline leakage in the batt box, etc...The one I had, sure, it found gold, then it took a mighty krap RIGHT smack in Prime Time Hunting and I had to send it in to Felix and cough up! What could I do? Like Beldar Conehead at the suto shop, the damn guy had me firmly gripped at the base of my snarglies..:laughing:.

So I would say by the time you are 70, you will be running Whites exclusively or the aforementioned 'Labs!

I know you have had a few20's factory rebuilt...minus the pinpoint button even, (which is also a weak point), but still...by the time a guy does the math, for the average Joe wader out there? He better be finding a LOT of BIG Gold fast to justify a CZ20/21...

Theres an opening for some Mfg to build us a simple multi freak water rig good to even just 30'?..50' would be better. NOBODY dives 250'! Not for long anyway! I dont get it..this huge hole in the water baby equipment left unaddressed?:?:

What good is a big rig if its in the repair shop all the time? Plus, the thing cant hit chains worth a tinkers cuss? A guy needs BIG gold to make the year, and no fooling around with repair costs and other issues..

Its extremely tough to find a closet Queen CZ20 anymore!...at a decent price, a Fresh water one even more so...where the wire sheathing is not rotted, the batt hatch isnt ear cracked, no alkaline leakage in the batt box, etc...So I would say by the time you are 70, you will be running Whites exclusively or the aforementioned 'Labs!

I know you have had a few20's factory rebuilt...minus the pinpoint button even, (which is also a weak point), but still...by the time a guy does the math, for the average Joe wader out there? He better be finding a LOT of BIG Gold fast to justify a CZ20/21...

Theres an opening for some Mfg to build us a simple multi freak water rig good to even just 30'?..50' would be better. NOBODY dives 250'! Not for long anyway! I dont get it..this huge hole in the water baby equipment left unaddressed?:?:

You are so right. Nobody dives for freshwater treasure to 250 foot or even 100 foot probably.

For the average wader, you are looking at big bucks and the AT-pro fits the bill. The huge hole is a machine that will go to 50' and be able to detect small gold and not be locked into salt mode. I think the Tiger Shark is a good contender and also the Fisher 1280X. I have used both. Unfortunately single audio tone. I enjoy the different tones.

It has been many many years since a new water machine has come out that is a diver and a fresh water gold killer. I have asked Felix at First Texas and nothing has been produced. The Tiger Shark, 1280X, CZ-21, Excal, and Whites BHID are all outdated. However gold can still be found with all of them.

You are so right. Nobody dives for freshwater treasure to 250 foot or even 100 foot probably.

For the average wader, you are looking at big bucks and the AT-pro fits the bill. The huge hole is a machine that will go to 50' and be able to detect small gold and not be locked into salt mode. I think the Tiger Shark is a good contender and also the Fisher 1280X. I have used both. Unfortunately single audio tone. I enjoy the different tones.

It has been many many years since a new water machine has come out that is a diver and a fresh water gold killer. I have asked Felix at First Texas and nothing has been produced. The Tiger Shark, 1280X, CZ-21, Excal, and Whites BHID are all outdated. However gold can still be found with all of them.

I know right! I HATE single tones! I want to hear the gold! Get a feel for whats down in here...I cannot stand to be pulling single tone targets! In fact, I dont like the AtPro on account of it only pops 4 tones max...but the damn thing DOES hit Gold, and especially chains..For all its faults, its easy and doesnt break down, all sorts of coils and aftermarket gear available, easy price...so we live with it...if it was good to 50', with a few more tones..yeah...for us freshies, that would be about it!

There would be a market for a modded or high end AtPro "deep water" version...all Garrett would have to do is beef up a few things...tack on $100, change the color, and call it a day?

Its not that these machines cant find gold...... its the gold they are missing we'd like to get our hands on more easily. I keep watching Nokta they are a growing company that now seems to have some good machines like the Racer and now the Impact..... still not focusing on beach hunting, but with salt setting, who knows.

Dew

You sure like those CZ's... I like mine too! :D

If I hunted fresh water, I would be all over a Tiger Shark.

I have a new addition on the way also...

Back
Top Bottom