My button collection

my_08vette

Elite Member
Well guys I was looking at my button collection and really enjoy them and I figured you guys would too. This is some of my buttons I have dug over the last 3 years. Yes the last couple picks aren't buttons but still cool! Just thought I would share!

Attachments

• GW.jpg
    GW.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 487
  • b8 (2).JPG
    b8 (2).JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 443
  • b8 (1).JPG
    b8 (1).JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 436
  • b6 (2).JPG
    b6 (2).JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 406
  • b4.JPG
    b4.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 512
  • b3 (2).JPG
    b3 (2).JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 511
  • b3 (1).JPG
    b3 (1).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 488
  • b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 430
Thanks for the kind words, I display the collection with pride! Unfortunately with the help from Iron Patch, and another button expert I found out the revolutionary war button with the 43 is almost certainly a remake. That's ok though I still display it in my collection!

Quite an impressive array of buttons ... the NRA marksman ones are quiet a find, at nearly 100 years old for the newest one! Two must have been found near each other ... same yard maybe? The badge must have been lost in a foot pursuit, or at least that is the great story the officer who lost it must have told!
The bottom item is WW2 I think; a expert marksman award if I recall correctly. By chance did it and the NRA items come from the same yard ... if so there was someone there who was quiet a shot in his prime!!

Quite an impressive array of buttons ... the NRA marksman ones are quiet a find, at nearly 100 years old for the newest one! Two must have been found near each other ... same yard maybe? The badge must have been lost in a foot pursuit, or at least that is the great story the officer who lost it must have told!
The bottom item is WW2 I think; a expert marksman award if I recall correctly. By chance did it and the NRA items come from the same yard ... if so there was someone there who was quiet a shot in his prime!!

Impressive Collection!!!! Thanks for sharing.
HH
Chuck

Thanks guys! The NRA buttons are pretty cool and in good shape. They were both found in the same field pretty close to one another. I also found an NRA token in the same field. The officers badge is a pretty neat piece as well, don't find police badges every day, and it is still in pretty good shape. You are correct, the sterling piece at the bottom is an expert marksman badge.

5th photo from the top...there is an FFA Greenhand Degree pin. I am an Agriculture teacher and FFA Advisor. I have given out hundreds of these to students. It looks like yours says "Vocational Agriculture" which indicates it was made before 1988-1989. After that and until present they say "Agricultural Education"

If you find one with no eagle on the top you are taking early 30's.

FYI

Andy

5th photo from the top...there is an FFA Greenhand Degree pin. I am an Agriculture teacher and FFA Advisor. I have given out hundreds of these to students. It looks like yours says "Vocational Agriculture" which indicates it was made before 1988-1989. After that and until present they say "Agricultural Education"

If you find one with no eagle on the top you are taking early 30's.

FYI

Andy

Thanks for the info!

Very nice!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom