2nd hunt with my CTX 3030

scorpio264

I was able to get out again today for about 2 1/2 hours after work. I feel like I'm getting the hang of my new machine. I changed some audio settings and it made a huge difference in my confidence that the CTX is "seeing" targets the way I want it to.

As you can see I had a decent hunt. I pulled 63 clads, a 1963 Rosie, .925 ring, junk ring, pocket knife, Colorado pin, and a few misc items.

If my learning curve stays like this I should have a pretty strong future with the CTX. Having the audio to 50 Conductive with MAX frequency variability makes it sound a lot like my Explorer. I changed the highest audio frequency from the standard 930 up to 1200. That extra high tone sounded off big time when I got my coil over silver today. I could tell the difference immediately.

I also got to meet a fellow FMDF member at the site I was hunting. He knew who I was based on a description I had given of the site a while back. It's always a trip to meet people who are forum members. Such a small world. It was nice meeting you "R"! HH Everyone

Attachments

• CTX day 2.jpg
    CTX day 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 296
Sounds like you are really getting the hang of your CTX. I began with 50 tone conductive in the beginning and found that all of the tones became overwhelming so I switched to 4 Tone Ferrous. I also initially used the stock tones but found out that too much discrimination tended to mask signals so I now use an open screen with the ferrous discriminated out from 20 up.
Keep up the great hunts.

Congratulations on all of your finds and silver! I noticed in 50 co/high trash it id's and sounds like my etrac did but I like running in ferrous coin, combined audio with a wide open screen

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on all of your finds and silver! I noticed in 50 co/high trash it id's and sounds like my etrac did but I like running in ferrous coin, combined audio with a wide open screen

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

So far I have been using the coin mode in ferrous coin with normal tones in 50 conductive with target trace active. It is so similar to my Explorer that it feels like the same machine in many ways.
The audio response was my primary concern when adding the CTX to my arsenal. I can say for certain that people accustomed to the older tone profile of an Explorer will find what they seek in the CTX.

That's what is so great about the CTX... you can set it up to your own preferences. Looks like you have settled in very well. It only get better!:yes::yes::yes:

Back
Top Bottom