• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ctx

yooper69

Elite Member
Really thinking about a 30-30 to go along with my Eq 800 . Opinions please . Do you think i would be wasting my money? Are the 2 same in capabilities? Thanks Mike

I have both the CTX3030 and the Equinox 800. I sold my CTX when I bought the Equinox and spent this whole season running the Equinox, I just bought another new CTX because I missed it. Still like the Equinox but also like all the bells and whistles the CTX has. I think having both is a good decision.

I have both as well. I’ve used my ctx since 2013 and nothing touches it for yard hunting and cherry picking. The nox is my go to when I’m digging everything. The ctx handles emi better also when hunting yards in town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both as well. I’ve used my ctx since 2013 and nothing touches it for yard hunting and cherry picking. The nox is my go to when I’m digging everything. The ctx handles emi better also when hunting yards in town

So which one do you think is deeper ? Do you use the stock coil or the 17 ?

I have both the CTX3030 and the Equinox 800. I sold my CTX when I bought the Equinox and spent this whole season running the Equinox, I just bought another new CTX because I missed it. Still like the Equinox but also like all the bells and whistles the CTX has. I think having both is a good decision.
How is the learning curve compred to the nox? I know some said the nox was difficult but i clicked with it right off the start .

So which one do you think is deeper ? Do you use the stock coil or the 17 ?

In my soil I believe they are both on par as far as depth goes. The huge advantage of the ctx is it’s vdi capability. If your a yard hunter looking for silvers the ctx is king. The nox shines in heavy iron but if your hunting sites with lots of modern trash the ctx can pick coin tones out like a champ. I use both the stick coil and the 17” when field hunting

How is the learning curve compred to the nox? I know some said the nox was difficult but i clicked with it right off the start .

There is a bit of a curve but it is very learnable. Many good videos out there. I like using the Dr. Tones program with mine. Hits nickels very well and as Vic says, it is King when coin hunting yards and parks.
I also like the Exchange2 software where I can download a pattern from another user or website and load it onto my detector

I also own both. The CTX is my go-to machine most of the time for the type of hunting I do. Mainly due to it’s excellent ID at depth, unmistakable tones, and accurate depth meter. It is by far the best coin shooting machine I’ve ever used. For selective digging, FBS is still king of the hill IMHO.

The Equinox has it’s strengths too. The little 6” coil lives on my Nox 800 full time and I tend to use that set-up strictly for sniping tough targets in trashy or heavily hunted spots. It works very well.

Nox and CTX is a great combo in my opinion. Covers a lot of bases.

Really thinking about a 30-30 to go along with my Eq 800 . Opinions please . Do you think i would be wasting my money? Are the 2 same in capabilities? Thanks Mike

My 2 cents worth.
Better money spent getting Etrac.
Equinox strong on nickels and has tone bin capability for nickels.
Etrac don’t.
Etrac Very good on silver and copper and gives good ID.
You could even buy say a 10x12 sed coil or other aftermarket coil for Etrac if you go that route. Or just invest in rib battery. And use stock coil.
Saves you some loot too.
Some good used Etrac for sale too.
CTX, the drivers for screen can go TU. Beware of buying used especially if you have to pay dearly for one.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom