Bounty Hunter Platinum

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I am thinking about getting one of these (just don't tell FloridaTabDigger or I will never hear the end of it :lol:). I have wanted to try a Teknetics Gamma 6000 but can't afford one & the Bounty Hunter Platinum seems to be somewhat similar to it. Not sure if I am making a good move or a big mistake getting one. http://www.cabelas.com/fryprod-0/pr...Series-Metal-Detector-Combo--718459.uts.shtml

Bounty Hunter Platinum Metal Detector Product Specifications:

Jumbo 2 Digit LCD Target Readout
LCD Depth Display
Low Battery Indicator
No Motion Ground Grab
Push-Button Pinpoint Control
4 Modes of Operation
Computer Assisted Ground Balance
8 Inch Open Face Coil System
Numeric Depth Display
Progressive Discrimination
4 Tone Audio Discrimination
Sensitivity Adjustment
Adjustable Volume Control
Overload Alarm System
Arm Strap Included
Arc Stand Built Into Handle
Padded Arm Rest
Comfort Hand-Grip
Adjustable 3 Piece Aluminum Stem
Headphone Jack
Made In USA
5 Year Warranty

Sounds good. I never understood why everyone rips of BH. They are cheapy and not the best but I've found lots of good things with one. The limit though is really about 4 inches. But I've found 100+ year old coins at that depth so no big deal. I say go for it. Good luck. Just don't take it on the beach! :lol:

I think I take it back. You get get a brand name garrett or white's or Fisher or something that'll be better than that for the price. I had no idea it was so expensive. Yikes, a $500+ BH? That doesn't make sense.

What's the frequency?? All the other BHs I've come across are 6.6 kHz. My first metal detector was a BH (back in the 80's) and it was a goodie. I have a cheap one now as a back up.

Dusty

I am sure that its probably the same detector. I have seen a remarkable downturn in BH ripping since I 1st started this hobby in 2006. Must be the way recent BH's have been performing. Or is it the Teknetics and Fisher cousins that they now have?;)

Sounds good. I never understood why everyone rips of BH. They are cheapy and not the best but I've found lots of good things with one. The limit though is really about 4 inches. But I've found 100+ year old coins at that depth so no big deal. I say go for it. Good luck. Just don't take it on the beach! :lol:

I think I take it back. You get get a brand name garrett or white's or Fisher or something that'll be better than that for the price. I had no idea it was so expensive. Yikes, a $500+ BH? That doesn't make sense.
I can get it for $299.95 shipped with some goodies thrown in. Let me know what you all think of it http://www.detecting.com/products/product.cmdl?c=9aa29018463c4283 Thanks! Steve.

Attachments

• bhp2.jpg
    bhp2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 3,092
  • bhp1.jpg
    bhp1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 3,109
This will have to be my next detector, I just bought a Tesoro Compadre. I want to see if these are as good as they say on gold. Steve.

Take a drive down here to southern Colorado. We have gold findings all over. Nobody seems to try and find them, it's too easy to get welfare from Obama and just sit on your rear all day and drink beer. If you drive and drink, the Colorado State Police will nail you HARD though.....

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom