8 Silver Coins 1941-43 Bracelet!

Gorgar

Elite Member
My 4th year of Metal Detecting. Made my day!

My research says its a 92.5 % Silver Coin Bracelet. 1 Shilling 1943, 5 Three Pence 1943, 1 Six Pence 1942, 1 Six Pence 1941. I found it about 5 inches deep in a yard next to a sidewalk. Some have “S”an Francisco and “D”enver mints.

The coins were minted in the U.S. because with the influx of U.S. servicemen during WWII, the Melbourne mint could not keep up with the demand for coinage. Thus, large numbers of coins were struck at U.S. mints, like other US Silver Coins before 1965. A cool history find. And a very valuable find to me!!

Thanks for looking. And never give up! Another good hunt with Chasbolio.

:digginahole:

Attachments

• AutFront1.jpg
    AutFront1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 620
  • Autback1.jpg
    Autback1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 687
Hey G,

That bracelet is really nice. Felt good to hold it (however briefly) LOL. Nothing like holding
history in your hands.

Eight silver coins !!! I thought RC & I did well to get the 5 coins & silver ring Mon. You blew that away with one hole.

Congrats !

C

Thanks for looking. Always good to share. By the way, I was asked if I got 8 high tones when I found it !!!! Wish it was that easy. HH

Awesomeness. That is one of the coolest finds I have seen anywhere. Nicely done my friend. Love it.

Great find!

Those bracelets are know as Trench Art. Typically made by soldiers during WWII.
Definitely worth more as a collectible, than the silver melt value. I have 2 that was passed down from my Dad ( Navy -- South Pacific) and one that he partially made. Great piece of American History!

Thans Dug13 for the extra history about "Trench Art". I guess Trench Art has been around many wars, not just WWII. I like history. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom