Return to the 'pounded park'...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Because of all the rainy days recently, and not wanting to 'give away' the exact location by being observed there, I hadn't made it back to the park spot where I lost my screwdriver last Friday, until this morning. A nice damp, drizzly early morning hunt lasted about 2 hours, until the sun started poking thru the clouds and people started showing up, and it became 'time to leave'...I did manage $1 even in '60's clad, a couple wheats, and a '59 Washington quarter:yes: before leaving, but alas, the screwdriver was not found...Maybe next time...HH to all.

Because of all the rainy days recently, and not wanting to 'give away' the exact location by being observed there, I hadn't made it back to the park spot where I lost my screwdriver last Friday, until this morning. A nice damp, drizzly early morning hunt lasted about 2 hours, until the sun started poking thru the clouds and people started showing up, and it became 'time to leave'...I did manage $1 even in '60's clad, a couple wheats, and a '59 Washington quarter:yes: before leaving, but alas, the screwdriver was not found...Maybe next time...HH to all.

Nice. Pics?

How deep was the washington? I want pics! The deepest washington I pulled was a 48-s at around 9 inches with my old MXT. Faint whisper, nice VDI of 88 though. It had an old nickle on top of it. I'll never forget each and every single piece of silver I've dug up.

Great finds. Keep it up.

Nah, not my Craftsman...

That one Darkman found would be a perfect MD tool, for sure. I managed to get a pic of the quarter on my phone, but I don't even have the wire needed to hook the phone to the computer, not that I would even know what to do then:lol:...Gonna buy a camera and hire a tech geek to teach me how to use it with my clad jar money;)...This quarter was at around 6-7" deep, tight between a tree and some rocks. Could get close enough to hear the faint high tone, which first alerted me....then looked and saw 85-87 pretty regular on the display, which is a little higher than clad quarter #'s read... and decided to try a new to me setting, called Bp, or 'boost process', on my Fisher. It's like steroids for the MD, this bp, it made that quarter beep like the silver I tested the setting function with last night, crisp, loud and it still rang clear from 5" ABOVE the ground. 'this IS silver' was my thought, the 'Bp' is so powerful, it sized/sounded like a half dollar to me, and once I pried/rolled the couple rocks out of the way and could get closer with the coil, I KNEW I had a winner, steady 87-88 readings and a sweet high bell tone. Dug down and it was tails up in the bottom of the hole once I removed the plug:D. I'll not forget this, or any of my other nicer finds, even without 'pics', I'll always remember it, and the 'aha' learning moment that came with:cool:...and intend to revisit this spot once I learn some more about operating the F75LTD using 'custom' settings'.

Back
Top Bottom