New NEL Big 15x17 coil for my Garrett AT PRO

These coils sound pretty good. I also found some really good reviews on the NEL Attack coil for the AT Pro and just ordered one of those as it's a bit smaller but still large. I'm not sure I want to get a backhoe to dig targets so that's why I got the Attack model. :laughing:

They do show the Big coil on the Nel website. the ones on Ebay are more expensive than ordering direct. Using Paypal it went really smooth. I ordered the Starvr scoop from a fellow in the Ukraine and had to wire him money via Western Union. that transaction went very smooth too. Interesting how the Ukraine is getting some real entrepreneurs. Good for them.

Reply Where Did You Get It?

Just got my new NEL BIG 15x17 DD coil for my Garrett AT PRO today. This will be used for some civil war fields that are holding some deep relics. As far as I know I am the first in the U.S. to use one, so I will keep everyone up to date on how it does.

At this point all I can say is WOW!

So I know everybody says you can't base a coil on an air test, but hey I just had to test it beside my father in laws AT PRO with the stock 8.5x11 coil

Pro mode, iron discrimination at 28 (what I normally run when relic hunting) full sensitivity.

First a quarter. Stock coil repeatable signal 11 in.
NEL coil repeatable signal 15 in.

Zinc penny. Stock coil 9.5 in.
NEL coil 13.5 in.

Civil war 3 ringer. Stock coil 11 in.
NEL coil 15 in.

Shotgun shell. Stock coil 11 in.
NEL coil 16 .5 in.

I could hardly believe my eyes :shock:

I will give an update after we return from our CS buckle site on Saturday.

Also I have to give props to NEL for a very well built coil, and for its size it swings well!

This pic is a size comparison of my new coil vs the stock 8.5x11

View attachment 208786

I am looking for the 15x17 coil and was wording where you purchased it and how much did it cost?

BooBoo

Man I might have to check more into this monster for sure.
So,,I guess the plugin is the same as that Garrett has on the AT PRO?

Yes it will fit the connector on the Pro. I had the Attack but had to send it back, just could not get it to settle down. If you get it and want to return it make sure you insure it or it will get "lost".

NEL is in Ukraine, and I think they are the ones selling on Ebay as well. You may want to wait a while. I have read several post about quality problems, extreme chatter, and Having to pay to return the defective coil, etc.

NEL is in Ukraine, and I think they are the ones selling on Ebay as well. You may want to wait a while. I have read several post about quality problems, extreme chatter, and Having to pay to return the defective coil, etc.

Good point.

I msg the ebay seller about color (black vs gray) and he said they are starting only White, so maybe that signals a new series (Quality fixed).....Time will tell.

Jim
PS they are waterproof (ebay ad says)

Congrats on your new coil Mr. Stroker!!! and all I can say on the depth is WOW!!! Might be a name change in order, something on the lines of Mr. Deep Digger! Or Finding China! Continued good luck to you and thanks for posting about this coil! HH

resurrecting this post as I'm pretty serious about buying a Nel for my F75. Anybody out there try the 12.5x8.5 Nel hunter? if so, does it perform better than the stock 11x7. Thanks.

Oh and not sure if people are selling them now, but I looked through the sponsors and saw nobody selling them....... That is except Rich from colonial.
I buy all my stuff from him. Great guy and looks like the only guy who sells them.

dont know about the f75 but there is a video on youtube showing the hunter on an at pro. the stock coil (8x11) could not hit a 10" dime but the hunter was able to hit it albeit very softly.

i know this post is old but i just post this. NEL seller in the US is Gold Digger of Raritan, New Jersey. no need to buy straight from Ukrine.

So it has been a couple of years since this post was made. I was interested in more results from this coil and to see where everyone stands on it or other coils from Nel. I tried to use the search function but no results come up when you use 3 letters.
If anyone has any input on these coils I would love to hear it. Also does anyone know if this coil would void any of Garrett's warranty?

Yes I stock the NEL Big, Attack And Tornado for the ATpro also the Garrett 5x8 and 4" sniper.
No it will not void your Garrett warranty using an after market coil.
HH, phil

Yes I stock the NEL Big, Attack And Tornado for the ATpro also the Garrett 5x8 and 4" sniper.
No it will not void your Garrett warranty using an after market coil.
HH, phil

Good to know about not effecting the Garrett warranty. Let's talk about the 2 year warranty on the coil. I see that these coils are made in the Ukraine without a repair shop in the U.S. What happens if the coil goes bad within the 2 years of purchase? Do you as a dealer honor the warranty and replace the coil or would Nel send out a shipping label? Thanks!

Thats a good question. I will contact the NEL US distributor tomorrow and get back to you.
HH, phil

Back
Top Bottom