Wireless Headphones Problems??

Foragist

Forum Supporter
OK, I am trying to go wireless with my Whites Eagle Spectrum. I am also trying to do it as inexpensively as feasible. First, I bought a Polaroid FM transmitter/headphones set for only $6.50. They work great for TV listening, but the sound is terrible on the detector. The threshold sound is a little unstable, but OK. The target sound gets all corrupted, like blown speakers or some kind over distorted overload. It gets a little better with reducing the spectrum's volume, and changing tone, but still sound ugly, annoying, and I don't like changing out AAA batteries either.
Next, I bought Blackweb bluetooth headphones with transmitter dongle, from Wallymart, for $24.99 +tx. This setup also works great with the TV, but not with the detector. I charged them up, and they pair just fine, but I either don't get sound, or the sound fades away to nothing in a couple seconds. I get loud target sounds when air-testing a coin, but no threshold, or other beeps I should be hearing. Also, the target sounds were distorted.
Why are these wireless systems working great on the TV, but are junk on my detector? What can I do...without spending a lot more?

Last edited:
Ohms eh? A local dealer told me today that Whites were different...frequencies or something. I then just picked up some Radio Shack wired headphones at a thrift sale for 2 bucks. They have a 1/4" jack, coiled wire, separate volume controls...nice, but only work on one side. I figured out it probably needs a mono-stereo adapter. Maybe the right adapter could help with a wireless system too. My old adapter was stereo-3.5mm stereo. I hope to try another wireless system. Inline volume control will be considered
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom