Nice Piece of Ice!

Have to add an edit to the main post now. Just came back from the jeweler and they are working up a full appraisal for me but those big blue sapphires aren't sapphires, they're blue diamonds!!! Better than I thought.

Congrats on the cool rings, it's funny to me that standing Liberty is just in the heap with the clad... :lol: It might be a good idea to get the diamond sapphire appraised, it looks like Vera Wang style and might be some $$.

Sweet finds man, blue diamonds?

Yep! I didn't even know that was a thing. Took it in and she said those look like blue diamonds to me and put the diamond tester to it and they were diamonds.Now I cant wait to get the appraisal back, gonna have to wait the whole weekend wondering.

Congrats on the cool rings, it's funny to me that standing Liberty is just in the heap with the clad... :lol: It might be a good idea to get the diamond sapphire appraised, it looks like Vera Wang style and might be some $$.

I just googled some Vera Wang rings with blue diamonds and you're right, it is really close to those designs but other than 14k I didnt see any other marks. Unless not all VW are marked with a hallmark?

Have to add an edit to the main post now. Just came back from the jeweler and they are working up a full appraisal for me but those big blue sapphires aren't sapphires, they're blue diamonds!!! Better than I thought.

Wow, that has to be good! :yes:

WoW!!, that's a beauty of a ring. Congrats!!
I don't think you put enough time in down here in FL, there are still too many tungsten's & Titanium's still to be found
>>Blue Diamonds are extremely rare,On average, a 0.5-carat light colored loose blue diamond will cost around $50,000 dollars, and an intense blue 0.5 loose diamond will cost around $135,000 dollars. A medium toned 1-carat blue diamond (fancy blue to fancy intense) is around $200,000 dollars.
>>Sapphires are second to diamonds in hardness. Hope your right considering a sapphire will/can give a false positive on a diamond tester.
DL

Blue diamonds? Whoa. Those are really dang rare. If they're legit naturals, you've got yourself one freaking pricey ring!

Even looking them up online, though, I couldn't find any that matched the intensity of yours. I'd get a second appraisal, or at least find out if the "blue diamonds" the jeweler noted aren't some lab creation, too..

Way cool, bro!

The center is natural, the blue ones are treated. I found it online finally at Kay Jewelers. The clearance price on it before it was discontinued was $2,600. Not a bad chunk of change for a day playing at the beach!

Attachments

• Diamond1.jpg
    Diamond1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 50
That's an absolutely beauty of a ring! My wife isn't too keen on my metal detecting hobby, but I actually think she might wear that one......:lol:

Huge congrats on that great hunt..............

bummer you didn't hit in Florida.... competition is stiff down here.....half the population has a machine....

Back
Top Bottom