• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

End a drought and start another

georgeinsc

Elite Member
Saturday July 22 I worked the beach for nearly a block. Picking up clad and then Nothing for quite a distance so I decided to go back to where I started and go the other way. On the way back down the beach I hit a target and a pretty little yellow 14k ring with ice came out of the sand. Broke a 6 month drought.

Then the following Monday I was back on the beach digging clad. Had to take shelter for a while when it started raining. The rain quit and I was busily digging clad when it started raining harder and I could see that a thunderstorm was headed my way so I headed for the car. Walking back up the beach I hit a couple targets and the second one was an unmarked yellow ring. Got home and tested the stone and it tested positive for diamond. But the diamond tester lied to me once before so I took the ring to a jeweler. She studied it for a while and said it looks like diamond. Then she says it looks like gold. I was close to telling her "Test it already". She tested all the stones and they tested as diamonds. Then she tested the ring and said 14K.

So now I have started another drought. But I sure am happy the way the last drought ended.

Attachments

• DSC00926.JPG
    DSC00926.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC00927.JPG
    DSC00927.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00931.JPG
    DSC00931.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00932.JPG
    DSC00932.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 197
Dang.....are the main stones of each ring the same size? Kinda look like it, might be able to sell them as a set of diamond stud earings. Either way, you are in the :gettinmoney:

Going to have a written appraisal done on those two. The lady who tested the unmarked one said 80 points of diamond in the main stone. The other one is about the same size.

I have never sold any finds but those two may get sold as my Wife DOES NOT Want Them. Yes I offered.

Dang.....are the main stones of each ring the same size? Kinda look like it, might be able to sell them as a set of diamond stud earings. Either way, you are in the :gettinmoney:

:dingding: My wife might not want the rings but she would definitely want the stones for something! Congrats on those 2 great finds!!

Nice scores there George, those are a couple of beauties...Congrats!!
Hope the gold streak continues for you.
DL

If you're gonna break a drought that's one heck of a way to do it. Congrats on a really nice looking find. Btw Love the title... reminded me of that line from a country song... "I'm working on my next Ex..." Brooks and Dunn

Back
Top Bottom