Another Shooting And A Friendly Pit Bull Dog

beephead

Elite Member
I was on site and swinging my detector at 6:30 this morning. I decided to go back over the church site that's across from the man's house that I last detected and had the run in with the buyer's agent. I wanted to see what he had to say and maybe catch the girl whose mother had the detectors outside.

It didn't take long before I had a couple of wheat pennies and a 1944 Mercury dime unearthed. I swear I don't know how I missed that Mercury dime before, because I've been over that very spot numerous times with several different detectors. I'm really liking this detector.

Around 7:00 o'clock the man across street comes walking over with a cup of coffee in his hand. He asked me if the agent was rude to me. I told him what transpired. He said that he got into it a little with his real estate agent over this issue. He told her that it was his property, that he gave me permission to detect it and those coins in the ground was his until the buyers close on the house. He said that he was holding back for now, but after the house closes that he was going unleash total Hell on both of them and let them know what he really thinks about them.

After leaving there I headed out to another site, but on the way there I see another house that I've detected before and thought I'd give it another try. I didn't find much, just a few clad coins. While there a man comes walking by with a huge pit bull dog. I said, nice looking dog you got there. After some friendly chit chat we discovered that we went to the same elementary school. Not to miss an opportunity to get another permission, I asked him if he'd mind letting me detect his yard. He said that'll be fine with him and that he lived two street over. I told him that I would come over as soon as I finished the yard that I was detecting.

As I was loading up to leave a lady pulls up in her driveway across the street and looks over my way. I walk over to her said, how's your day going. She said fine. Then she asked me what was the trouble with that house that I was detecting. Totally confused I said what? She said that there had just been a shooting there and wanted to know if I knew what happened. I told her I knew nothing and that I needed to go meet a guy two streets over.

After arriving at the new site, I started digging lots of wheat pennies. They were all deep, the ground was super hard, it was hot, no breeze and there was no shade. The only thing that kept me digging was finding more wheat pennies. A total of 16 just at that site. There just had to be some silver there!

The man who owns the house and nice pit bull dog came outside and asked me if I was finding anything. I told him nothing but a bunch of wheat pennies, some clad coins and a brass twist type hose nozzle that I laid over by his hose. You talk about happy, I never seen anyone so happy. He said that he has looked and looked for it and it has about drove him crazy.

I finally get my search coil over for what I'm sure is a silver quarter. I was getting a sweet high pitched audio tone and the ID # was 95. It had to be silver. I dug down to around 6 inches or so only to find a shack of clad coins, two quarters, one dime and a nickel. That did me in, so I headed for the house.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 474
I was on site and swinging my detector at 6:30 this morning. I decided to go back over the church site that's across from the man's house that I last detected and had the run in with the buyer's agent. I wanted to see what he had to say and maybe catch the girl whose mother had the detectors outside.

It didn't take long before I had a couple of wheat pennies and a 1944 Mercury dime unearthed. I swear I don't know how I missed that Mercury dime before, because I've been over that very spot numerous times with several different detectors. I'm really liking this detector.

Around 7:00 o'clock the man across street comes walking over with a cup of coffee in his hand. He asked me if the agent was rude to me. I told him what transpired. He said that he got into it a little with his real estate agent over this issue. He told her that it was his property, that he gave me permission to detect it and those coins in the ground was his until the buyers close on the house. He said that he was holding back for now, but after the house closes that he was going unleash total Hell on both of them and let them know what he really thinks about them.

After leaving there I headed out to another site, but on the way there I see another house that I've detected before and thought I'd give it another try. I didn't find much, just a few clad coins. While there a man comes walking by with a huge pit bull dog. I said, nice looking dog you got there. After some friendly chit chat we discovered that we went to the same elementary school. Not to miss an opportunity to get another permission, I asked him if he'd mind letting me detect his yard. He said that'll be fine with him and that he lived two street over. I told him that I would come over as soon as I finished the yard that I was detecting.

As I was loading up to leave a lady pulls up in her driveway across the street and looks over my way. I walk over to her said, how's your day going. She said fine. Then she asked me what was the trouble with that house that I was detecting. Totally confused I said what? She said that there had just been a shooting there and wanted to know if I knew what happened. I told her I knew nothing and that I needed to go meet a guy two streets over.

After arriving at the new site, I started digging lots of wheat pennies. They were all deep, the ground was super hard, it was hot, no breeze and there was no shade. The only thing that kept me digging was finding more wheat pennies. A total of 16 just at that site. There just had to be some silver there!

The man who owns the house and nice pit bull dog came outside and asked me if I was finding anything. I told him nothing but a bunch of wheat pennies, some clad coins and a brass twist type hose nozzle that I laid over by his hose. You talk about happy, I never seen anyone so happy. He said that he has looked and looked for it and it has about drove him crazy.

I finally get my search coil over for what I'm sure is a silver quarter. I was getting a sweet high pitched audio tone and the ID # was 95. It had to be silver. I dug down to around 6 inches or so only to find a shack of clad coins, two quarters, one dime and a nickel. That did me in, so I headed for the house.

beephead

Man, I love your stories. It's like a friggin' soap opera. I login just to see what you're going to write about next.

I'm like, "A SHOOTING?" And then you're all, "Stay tuned for the next Episode of Breaking Wind with Beephead." And I'm like, "AAAAHH I hate cliffhangers!"

:)

Awesome finds, btw, and excellent that you found his hose attachment!

Man, I love your stories. It's like a friggin' soap opera. I login just to see what you're going to write about next.

I'm like, "A SHOOTING?" And then you're all, "Stay tuned for the next Episode of Breaking Wind with Beephead." And I'm like, "AAAAHH I hate cliffhangers!"

Right?:laughing::laughing::laughing: How can one old guy have so much adventure on the daily? Oh Gosh Beep!...you are a real peach! I see you drilled a hole and attached a string to your kneeboard...upgrading huh?

Any silver at all is a good day, Gratz my friend.
Thanks! I'm about ready to start searching for the older coins and doing less digging as the Summer heat and humidity builds.

Thanks! When I go detecting I have fun meeting and talking with people. I pays to be nice.

Right?:laughing::laughing::laughing: How can one old guy have so much adventure on the daily? Oh Gosh Beep!...you are a real peach! I see you drilled a hole and attached a string to your kneeboard...upgrading huh?
My kneeboard has been upgraded for years, I think I've used the upgrade once. LOL

Great story! Seems like you're going to stay busy for a while...
Thanks! Last year I took nearly 5 months off straight during the Summer months and still hauled in 250+ silver coins. This year I'm pacing myself where I don't have another burnout. I'm taking tomorrow off and probably a few more days because rain is in the forecast.

beephead

Keep emm coming Beep! Always love your stories and please don't move to hastily would hate to not here from ya...(burnedout). Sir you and a handful of others bring back to the forums over and over again and keep me determined! Even though my area isn't the oldest there still out there to find even if it is only a couple every week or two! Happy Hunting!!!

MetalHead

Ditto! :laughing: Great storytelling! Keep it up! :yes:

Nice pile of finds and a beautiful merc!
Thanks! I was hard work, but enjoyable.

Thats cool the guy was happy about you finding his water spigot.:lol:
You made a friend.
Thanks! I wished that I had gotten a video of him doing the happy dance. You would have thought that he just found a gold coin or somethin.

Good stuff!
Thanks!

Keep emm coming Beep! Always love your stories and please don't move to hastily would hate to not here from ya...(burnedout). Sir you and a handful of others bring back to the forums over and over again and keep me determined! Even though my area isn't the oldest there still out there to find even if it is only a couple every week or two! Happy Hunting!!!

MetalHead
Thanks! Reading posts and looking at finds gets me fired up and makes me want to get out and detect.

Ditto! :laughing: Great storytelling! Keep it up! :yes:
Thanks! Where I detect just about anything can happen and often does. Someone on one of the forums wanted me to take a video of being attacked by a pit bull dog. Heck, I was lucky to be facing in the right direction when it attacked.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom