Lesche or Predator Tools

gliden07

Is there any difference between these two tools?? They look the same are they made by the same company and rebadged?? :?:

Is there any difference between these two tools?? They look the same are they made by the same company and rebadged?? :?:

They are more or less the same but made by two different entities....

Long story short... DON'T EVER GET MARRIED! LOL...

<*)))>{

I would own either, but the Lesche brand is a tad cheaper. Hard to believe the fella who started the company cannot use his own name.... :roll:

I have not used the Predator tools but I am completely happy with the 3 Lesche tools I own. I mostly use the Mini Sampson 18". I feel its the right balance between being to big or to small.

I bought a Lesche tool today. Got it from Colonial Metal Detectors, a sponsor on here. I'm sure this is a quality tool. I think the Predator Tool is also a good tool but Colonial's price on the Lesche was just to good to pass up!! :cool:

I pry with it a lot. Only lasted about a year and a half. Any other would have lasted a week...

And yes, they all seem to break in the same spot.

Would this be the spot?
I have broken 2 in the last 3.5 years.
The first one I modded and put cuts in the other side but it lasted about 2 years.
The last one about one year...but I also abuse them and pry things that are too big...a lot.

I am sure they will replace this broken one without the mod, and I still would not use any other tool except maybe a Predator Raptor which I am thinking about buying in addition to the regular one.

Attachments

• lesche broke 1.jpg
    lesche broke 1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,564
  • P1040633.jpg
    P1040633.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,118
Yes that is the spot. I caught mine when it was cracked half way across. I welded it and filled in the original slot. Without the original cut awa it is better. It's still going strong.

Hey instead of prying down on the handle, try pulling up on the handle to lift the plug.

The reality of the issue, digging tools are human and they break.

If digging in stiff dirt, you have to be careful with any tool, including a Lesche. Slowly dig your spot, use your pointer to guide you and dig into the dirt. If you expect to do it in one poke, you're kidding yourself.

As robust as the Lesche is, it will flex, bend and break.

Predator is the choice for me. I have seen several Lesche by WW Tools that have broken I do not recall seeing a Predator breaking.

Predator Raptor model 31 IS the digger !!!

I can't say enough good about this tool and the only one mfg is Predator tools for this one digger. Unmatched in design and quality. It's a real keeper:yes:

Predators

Also have the predatortools one. Tough tough ground here in
AZ. Have been rough real rough sometimes on mine. Had not even hinted on breaking. Lol
'maybe ' there is a difference? I dunno. No rust at all either. And even though az is dry... I dig ssometimes in wet stuff... Sprinklers etc.... And during monsoon season.... But no rust, no breaking.... About 3 years now.
Mine has black handle.
Good luck and happy hunting folks.

I love my Lesche digger and also carry a Predator Tool 85C Raptor (jsut about take the place of a shovel!).

Both great companies!

Back
Top Bottom