Does the Garret pro pointer pick up gold?

Coinhunter88

I tested my pro pointer on my 12 gram 14kt gold rope necklace. It didnt pick up on anything but the clasp. Also checked it on my brothers heavier 14kt chain and still nothing. Ill have to check it on one of my brothers gold coins when i see him. Also sometimes when i turn it on, if i push the tip of even the side, it will start a slight beep. Then i turn it off and back on and it works fine and doesnt beep when i put pressure on it. Anyone have this problem? Its still under warranty, but dont want to send it in cause i need it lol. Ill just buy a centech in a few weeks to get by until its done.

Yeah there must be something wrong with yours as I have found plenty of gold in my hole using the Garrett pro pointer..

Yeah i just turn it on and off and it stops doing it, but its just a pain when i push it in the hole and it starts beeping and i think its the target. Thats my only complaint, other then it not picking up these gold chains. And yes they are real gold.

No you might have a problem there. Check it with coins and stuff but there is no way it shouldn't be seeing gold.

It's true the AT Pro will hit tiny pieces of gold nice and hard that the pro pointer will need to almost be touching to beep on. Gold earring backs is a good example.

But unless the chains are super thin and hollow you ought to get a beep.

Hey coinhunter88-
I noticed (after a few months of use) that my Propointer gives false signals if I push it into the ground. I had been doing it unconsciously.
Subsequent experimenting by pushing it against my hand hard made it beep, so I'm careful about not pushing now.

Back
Top Bottom