• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Storage Wars

I was always amazed at those who pay monthly rent long term on a storage shed, many are only about the size of a 10x12 shed.

My thinking is if you have your own yard why pay storage rent for months and months when it would be cheaper to buy a 10x12 shed for your yard, and you would still have the shed after you no longer needed to store the items.

I was always amazed at those who pay monthly rent long term on a storage shed, many are only about the size of a 10x12 shed.

My thinking is if you have your own yard why pay storage rent for months and months when it would be cheaper to buy a 10x12 shed for your yard, and you would still have the shed after you no longer needed to store the items.

I rent one because I live in a small apartment. After retiring from over thirty years of Silversmithing I needed a place for my equipment. You would be surprised how much room a ten foot square booth takes up with what you get in thirty years. Also you can not have firearms in my apartments. It's a stupid rule so my guns are well oiled and hidden in my storage unit. A burglar couldn't take the time it would require to find them.

I rent one because I live in a small apartment. After retiring from over thirty years of Silversmithing I needed a place for my equipment. You would be surprised how much room a ten foot square booth takes up with what you get in thirty years. Also you can not have firearms in my apartments. It's a stupid rule so my guns are well oiled and hidden in my storage unit. A burglar couldn't take the time it would require to find them.

I understand, that's why I made sure to add "if you have your own yard" and I knew of people who had their own yard and still rented a small storage shed long term.

Just got me thinking that apartment complexes might do well if they build a storage shed rental place right next door to their apartment complex if possible.

I wish that I could afford to open one. The rent for the amount of space is really high. I know that you will always have some that take advantage of it but most are people who just don't have room for one reason or another. i don't think it would take long for it to pay for itself.

Back
Top Bottom