Sites for coin values?

WBrian

Hi All,
I have a few old coins that I've kept adding to since I was a kid. (not too many, mind you.) I plan on adding to them through my MD efforts. Is there a website to check out the value of various coins?

Also, I see reference made to various percentages of silver content in different halves, etc. Where can I find this info?

Thanks a ton!
Brian

For silver content and 'melt' value of a coin, you can check out coinflation.com As far as rariety and intrinsic value, I would just do a google search or check out the prices on ebay. There's also a Red Book and Blue Book for buying and selling coins, but I've never used one. Good Luck : )

numismedia.com is what i use, just click collector value on the left side, as long as you know how to grade them this is a great site to use!

For intrinsic metal value coinflation.com is great
For numismatic value you can use numismedia to get a rough idea of what a coin is worth, but the fmv values listed are more useful for insurance purposes. I've found the best way to get pricing information on a specific coin is to look at ebay's completed auction listings.

Back
Top Bottom