2nd Morgan dollar....same date!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
The last few times that I hit the peace dollar field, Ive noticed that they have been excavating the lot next door. At first I thought that a building was going in, but after they smoothed out the hills, it appears theyre making a retention basin.

1119171523-00.jpg

So thinking that since it was next to the field where we have pulled out some old silvers, gold, and other goodies, theres gotta be some goodies in there also that were brought up closer to the surface. I started gridding up and down the hill, and at first only found the mangled pop cans, wire, and other assorted and expected junk. Lotsa iron signals there too. I started a down hill grid, and got a killer 46 signal on the 705. I could see a circle mound in the dirt and was hoping it wasnt a lid, or a small can bottom side up. I was amazed when I turned it over and saw that it was a Morgan dollar! It looked to be in good shape but dirty, and since I dont have a spray bottle, I put it in my shirt pocket to clean at home. The only other coin I found was the 1942 nickle.

101_5705.jpg
Before clean-up.

101_5709.jpg
After clean-up. Nice looking 1884 O Morgan heads side!

101_5716.jpg
....but it looks like the dozer had its way with the tails side :no:

I spent two hours hunting to find only two coins, but it was well worth it! Thanks for looking, and HH!

Last edited:
:shock: AWESOME SAVE !
I got out today too, hunting in the woods only find two coins as well,
a 65 Lincoln and an 04 barber dime,
it only takes one coin to make a good hunt. :D

You might be into a plowed cache there TJ,that’s amazing! Keep on that place like white on rice,who knows what’s going on in that place/area.
Props!:grin:

:shock: AWESOME SAVE !
I got out today too, hunting in the woods only find two coins as well,
a 65 Lincoln and an 04 barber dime,
it only takes one coin to make a good hunt. :D

Thank you, and I agree. Sometimes I have found just one relic which made it very worthwhile.

Beautiful silver dollar. I love Morgans. Dug ones are the best!

Thank you

Awesome coin, congrats!

Thank you

Congratulations, that is just awesome!

Thank you

Amazing dollar find. That nickel was this close to being silver. :aok:

Thank you, it was also that close to being a buf!

Great Morgan! Cant wait to see one! If I see one... Congrats!

Thank you. My 2nd Morgan, and 3rd silver dollar. I sat there a bit kinda in shock to what I found.

Fantastic!
Congrats!

Thank you

You might be into a plowed cache there TJ,that’s amazing! Keep on that place like white on rice,who knows what’s going on in that place/area.
Props!:grin:

Thanks. Im not sure what was there. The research points to lots that were there, but I cant find out if any houses existed there or not. A Cache? You could be right.

That’s what I call a diamond in the rough

Thank you

Major congrats on two morgans!!!

Thank you. I found the first a couple of years ago 40 miles away with the same date, but no mint mark.

Congrats on the huge old silver! I hope you can find some more there.

Thank you. I hope there are more!

Two Morgans... Sweet.... Congrats.. :detector:

Thank you.

Now aint that just something! Congratulations and good on ya for reading that location and getting in there!

Thank you.

Congratz. I never argue with finding a silver dollar :)

Thank you. Im still in a bit of a shock over finding it.

Back
Top Bottom