Finally got my health back and I'm ready to coin hunt

kickback

I would like suggestions for a "coin shooting" detector.Something with a fast recovery in trash.Depth isn't real big consideration.A detector with a fast recovery and good separation.I have been away from detecting for a few years,health problems.But as Jack Nicholson once said "I'm Back!!".A Nokta or a Makro seem to be the way to go but I don't know.
Any suggestions,shared experience or help would be appreciated.
Bill

Good to hear you’re back in action! You’ll be clad hunting or looking for old coins? Budget and how often will you be hunting? How long will your sessions be? Decide exactly WHAT you want to find and WHERE you want to find it first...then consider weight,cost,etc....
Don’t overlook the fact that Minelab is coming out with the new Equinox here very shortly,and it is being touted as the best all around machine you could want. Sadly, we only have snippets of its performance,but I’m sure it will be very good! 2 different models,the 600 and 800...Google it, check it out and add it to your “considerations” list.
Just a suggestion,not trying to sell you one...:grin:

I would like suggestions for a "coin shooting" detector.Something with a fast recovery in trash.Depth isn't real big consideration.A detector with a fast recovery and good separation.I have been away from detecting for a few years,health problems.But as Jack Nicholson once said "I'm Back!!".A Nokta or a Makro seem to be the way to go but I don't know.
Any suggestions,shared experience or help would be appreciated.
Bill
Go with a Deus, super fast and greaat separation and light as a feather...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, take a real good look at the XP Deus !
I've had my E-Trac for 8 years got my Deus 2 1/2 years ago.
I've used the Deus on over 95% of my hunts since the day I got it.

The Deus has a very fast processor for hunting in Iron - free upgrades for life ( never the need to buy the next new model machine) and it only weighs 2.2 lbs - you can swing it all day long !

Good Luck !

I agree with IDX, before we can point you in a direction, we need more info.

Budget total with accessories, because a good digger may increase your finds and a pinpointed definitely will. People don't think much of the digger, but a quality digging tool will mentally make you dig more holes due to less fatigue while digging. But the type of digger needed may vary for the type of hunting you will be doing too.

Where do you plan to hunt, parks, old home sites, people's yards?

Also whether you will have more interested in coinshooting or relic hunting.

Back
Top Bottom