Back to the Old Carnival site blew my mind this time!

AlinMN

Elite Member
As many of you remember this spring I was hunting an old park that has had carnivals and events going on for over 100 years now and have found a lot of nice old coins this spring. However, spring here on the farm finally arrived and being late I had no time to detect for the last six weeks. I am almost caught up with the work now and my son in law called today and wanted to know if I could go detecting this evening.

IMG_5409.jpg
So after work he stopped at my place and we headed out, the first site I had found a few old coins before, but we both struck out in the old coin department and only found a little clad, so we tried another park between mainstreet and the railroad tracks. Again no luck just some more clad. So I said lets go to the old park where I have found a lot of old coins maybe we can find a few more, even though I am having a hard time finding anymore the last few times I tried. I thought it was getting hunted out, boy was I wrong. I found a few more old wheats; 1919-S, 1920, 1926-D, 1936 and a 1954 silver rosevelt dime.

IMG_5704.jpg
And then I got a real nice solid signal of 1-43 to 1-46, mostly rang up at 1-46 and only about four inches deep so I thought maybe something interesting so I dug it up not being very careful cause I didn't think it would be anything great.:mad: When I pulled it out of the hole I was so shocked I dropped it and didn't want to look at the date just yet. I called my son in law over to look at it and he was just as shocked as me.:shock::yikes: I am glad he was along to witness the find. An 1897-O Morgan dollar, a coin I didn't even have on my wish list for this year since I thought I would never find one, ever....:dontthinkso::nah: Never say never...:doah:

IMG_5697.jpg

IMG_5700.jpg

It cleaned up real nice!:extrahappy:

IMG_5705.jpg

Except for the scratch I made on the back with my digger!:furious:

IMG_5707.jpg

Here are some more coins I have found at this site this spring:

Attachments

• IMG_5326.jpg
    IMG_5326.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,418
  • Kerk park 4-8.jpg
    Kerk park 4-8.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 2,368
  • Kerk park 4-12j.jpg
    Kerk park 4-12j.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,381
  • Kerk park 4-12h.jpg
    Kerk park 4-12h.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,400
  • Kerk park 4-12i.jpg
    Kerk park 4-12i.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,486
Congrats Al! I know you say never to say never, but until I find one this is one of those things that 'only happens to other people' :grin:.

wow! I Like it!! Congrats on your Morgan! Beautiful !!! Look at all that silver!!!!

That is a fabulous find. Everyone would love to find big silver like that. You've got one heck of a spot there. Hope you pull out more goodies.

Back
Top Bottom