Oldest find with a bit of a checkerd past, and my best find of the year!

coin chaser

Forum Supporter
Well its been a great couple of days.
My dad and I meet up with Dirtyrob for a hunt on Saturday afternoon. I found a park on google earth that has a small section of woods. The west side of it was boardered by a 1800's graveyard, the north side had ball fields that were there in 1961, and the north east corner had a farm house in 1939. Thought for sure that we would get a keeper or two out of the woods. Unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be. My dad got one wheat but other than that its was just trash, a few head stamps ,and some clad! I don't think Rob and my Dad will be letting me pick the spot next time......:D Still had a great time getting out with the guys and finally meeting rob he's a great guy.

On the way home my Dad and I hit a park for the last hour of light. I dug a die cast airplane with a "travel bug" zip-tied to it with a serial#. Its for people that geocache and can be tracked. It was started in Arkansas in 2008 for a 3 year old boy named Sutton. It traveled 17,021 miles from cache to cache till 2009 then went missing. I found it and posted that I have it and will be getting it "flying" again. I had a Email in about 5 minutes from the boys father thanking me and saying how cool it was that I found it and how happy he was that his boys plane would be traveling again.I plan on taking my 4 year old son with me to place it in a geocache. It will be a find I will remember and be able to track with my son for years to come hopefully! Here's the link:http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=847c2018-012f-4fb6-87c7-8f2829c0a627
01.jpg
02.jpg
On sunday my Dad and I hit a park that had old farm stead on it. I was swinging my ctx and got a 12-45 / 1-45 signal at 8" in a ground coin program (mikeguard01's program). I switched to the gone hunting program and it was solid 12-44/12-45. I dug it and out popped my first LC!!!:woohoo: It was a 1852 (my new oldest) with a bit of a checkered past. It has a few stab marks from a knife on it. They almost punctured the other side of the coin so the person meant business! I noticed a dimple on one side but there was no hole on the other for this one. I got to thinking and stuck a magnet to it. Sure enough the tip of the knife is still in the coin!:lol: Serves the guy right for stabbing my coin.... Most would hate the knife marks but I love them as they add more mystery to the coins past.
03.jpg
04.jpg
And for my last find......... my best find of the year from today...................I will just let the last picture speak for itself.......

20131112_182244(2).jpg

Congrats to you on your expected!

And really cool about the travel bug. That's a great story!

:thumbsup:

Cool digs for sure but most of all congrats on the soon to be addition!!

I have one of each mint mark and both are my best treasures ever!!

<*)))>{

Better get the shotgun out now, I'm sure she will be a little heart breaker and before you know it the young boys will come calling. Been there done that. Oh and one thing I learned, was when the box of Pampers say for 9 to 12 lbs, they will NOT hold that much if you know what I mean. slider.....Panama Central America. Best of luck to you guys.

There is a joke that goes...

With a boy, you only have to worry about ONE #$%^

With a girl you have to worry about all....

<*)))>{

Congratulations on the new addition. That's a nice looking LC despite the knife marks. Mine are so toasted it's hard to get a date off them. I'm glad to see that program is working for you.

HH
Mike

Cool digs for sure but most of all congrats on the soon to be addition!!

I have one of each mint mark and both are my best treasures ever!!

<*)))>{

Thanks!
We have a 4 year old son, I just needed the second mint mark for the set.

Better get the shotgun out now, I'm sure she will be a little heart breaker and before you know it the young boys will come calling. Been there done that. Oh and one thing I learned, was when the box of Pampers say for 9 to 12 lbs, they will NOT hold that much if you know what I mean. slider.....Panama Central America. Best of luck to you guys.

Unfortunately with all the video games and tv now days the shotguns don't seem to intimidate them enough. Think I will be shopping for a AR or a AK in the near future!:D Also have a son that will be 4 years older than her so I'm sure I can slip him $20 here and there to get things done for me!:laughing:

As far as the 9 to 12 pounds goes. I tried that with my son when my wife was out one day. She was not happy when she got home........:mad:

There is a joke that goes...

With a boy, you only have to worry about ONE #$%^

With a girl you have to worry about all....

<*)))>{

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Amen

Congratulations on the new addition. That's a nice looking LC despite the knife marks. Mine are so toasted it's hard to get a date off them. I'm glad to see that program is working for you.

HH
Mike

Thanks again for the program. Its starting to speak to me and is very stable.

Congrats again, just thought I would mention, I don't know about later, but in the first five years, girls are only about a thousand times less trouble!!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom