Strange stone....

Its not a meteorite! :lol::lol: Those lines are called sedimentary striations or sedimentary bedding. They are the result of simple weathering of the layers, some are more susceptible and erode faster and others are more resistant to weathering due to differences in cementation. To Id the rock for certain, when you take it to a geologist, they will need to chip off a piece to get a fresh surface to look at it. If you are not willing to let them do that, then just toss it in your Treasure box.....and when you die, one of your relatives will toss it in the trash for you! :lol::lol::lol:

Its not a meteorite! :lol::lol: Those lines are called sedimentary striations or sedimentary bedding. They are the result of simple weathering of the layers, some are more susceptible and erode faster and others are more resistant to weathering due to differences in cementation. To Id the rock for certain, when you take it to a geologist, they will need to chip off a piece to get a fresh surface to look at it. If you are not willing to let them do that, then just toss it in your Treasure box.....and when you die, one of your relatives will toss it in the trash for you! :lol::lol::lol:
the second one does look like a iron meteorite:?::?::?::lol2:

Its not a meteorite! :lol::lol: .... If you are not willing to let them do that, then just toss it in your Treasure box.....and when you die, one of your relatives will toss it in the trash for you! :lol::lol::lol:
All right ,
you all had your fun with my stone. And I think I can endure that...;):D
You are right when you say someday it will be tossed away by
some other person. I have lived already long enough to see how
many things have been tossed away once a person pass away.
This stone will not be the only one thing that returns to nature.
Most important of all is : the value that each of us give to the relics
we find. What happens in the future with those relics is not for us to
decide. By the way,I still keep the stone .........;):D

Once in a while .......

Some days are diamonds and some days are stones.....:( I'm gonna miss that stone, once in a while bring this post out again. K? :(

Back
Top Bottom