• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

That heart stopping moment....

crosstraining

It’s big, shiny, and has a lot of gems......
You clean it off, and....
Dang, it’s not real gold and diamonds
Maybe next time:)

Attachments

• AEDC20D3-BF83-40CC-AE04-35D478C87C36.jpeg
    AEDC20D3-BF83-40CC-AE04-35D478C87C36.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 402
Ha. I found an equally nice looking "junk ring" the other day. It even fit my wife perfectly.

Doesn't matter if its junk, it was still my "find of the day."

I agree, I'll take that over a wasted zinc penny any day!

-D

I have dug a few heart stoppers, but their still fun to dig. That's a good dig just the same.

I hate those atomic bomb finds. Raise my heart rate sky high. Start my hands to shaking. Dig out the loupe and no markings. Take them home and stones are glass. But for a short period of time what an adrenaline rush.

But almost two years ago I found one of those with no hallmark. Brought it home and my cheap diamond tester said the stones were real. Since it had fooled me before I took it to a jewelry store where the young lady was kind enough to test the stones. She assured me they were diamonds. So I asked her to test the metal and she did so and said 14K. Got that adrenaline rush all over again.

Welcome to my world!
Gold plated rings go into the junk bin.
Gold filled -GF- 1/10 or 1/20 go into the keeper bin.

I was hunting around an 1820s house and got a nice mid tone. 6 inches down I find a round bit of gold color. My hands were shaking as I reverently cleaned the mud from around it as it revealed “ Chuck E Cheese”.

I won’t repeat the words I screamed.

I was hunting around an 1820s house and got a nice mid tone. 6 inches down I find a round bit of gold color. My hands were shaking as I reverently cleaned the mud from around it as it revealed “ Chuck E Cheese”.

I won’t repeat the words I screamed.

So sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read this

Back
Top Bottom