Only in the philippines

dirtykneese

Forum Supporter
:DThat is the only way I know how to start this story. ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES..

I have met some very good and smart people over here.

Maybe some not to bright.
We have some neighbors working on building a new cinder block home.

I think something went wrong in the planning on this home. :?:

Maybe they have bananas for brains. :yes:

There is a Mahogany tree in the middle of the living room.
Now, Mahogany trees over here are protected. There has been to much illegal loging of the trees. So, they are trying to protect them.

This tree in this house being built is over 60 feet tall.
Would you normally cut a tree down before you start to build a house?

I can not wait to see what happens when the law finds about this one.
I can just see them scratching their head. :no::no:

Going to make a nice coffee table when finished.

The pictures are the best I could do. I hope you get a good laugh out of this.

Thanks for looking.... KEN

Attachments

• DSCN0577.jpg
    DSCN0577.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,111
  • DSCN0578.jpg
    DSCN0578.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,101
  • DSCN0580.jpg
    DSCN0580.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,093
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

.......haven't you ever heard of a "tree house" ? :lol:

.......maybe they REALLY like indoor plants ? :lol:

.......maybe they'll build a spiral staircase around it going up to the 2nd floor or roof ? :lol:

.......maybe they wanted a "Root Cellar" ? :lol:

.......neat pics, and thanks for the laugh ! :lol:

Hmmm...You know what though? A guy could use a tree like that during the construction process as a solid scaffold mount or even a jib crane to help set the rafters or haul up the roofing!..!.

I havnt figured out what to do with it after...? A fellow would have to climb up to the top and cut it down in little manageable pieces so as to not wreck what you just built, or just leave it there through the roof I guess, since the tree is protected.....Have a large enough hole to allow for the flex, maybe seal it off using an old innertube skirt kind of fabrication...?

Well, thats just something you will have to keep an eye on for us! :laughing:

This is going to be fun to watch. I have not seen anyone working on it since we been here. I want to see the roof on this one.
If they start doing more construction, I will get pictures to let you know how things are going..

Thanks for looking. Hope you got a good laugh from this.

KEN :D

That will probably end up just behind the garage in the courtyard or patio, nice they kept it. I am guess behind the garage because i can see that has a street access out back and the amount of rebar sticking out of the columns just behind the tree and in the columns at the street side that that section will be roofed in, and lack of columns between there going further to the right in the picture will be open space...

That will probably end up just behind the garage in the courtyard or patio, nice they kept it. I am guess behind the garage because i can see that has a street access out back and the amount of rebar sticking out of the columns just behind the tree and in the columns at the street side that that section will be roofed in, and lack of columns between there going further to the right in the picture will be open space...

You could be right there Z , but those roots aren't going to be kind to the foundation walls later on.

building materal

Is skinny block foundations the norm over there? [emoji51]

I would say bamboo is the norm over there , it depends on what you can afford . In a rural area you will still see lots of bamboo huts with woven roofs. They have both the thin blocks of concrete as well as the standard blocks. I would be scared of the thin one due to the number of storms and earthquakes. My wife's family has a house on Bohol and it is well built, but right next door the neighbors all have bamboo huts lucky to survive a good storm.:windy:

I am not sure if it the same there as where i am, but here the foundations are built mainly with rock and concrete, maybe 2 feet thick all the way to bedrock, which is generally only down 5 feet or so, and then the block walls start off of that.

I am not sure if it the same there as where i am, but here the foundations are built mainly with rock and concrete, maybe 2 feet thick all the way to bedrock, which is generally only down 5 feet or so, and then the block walls start off of that.

Now that's a foundation !!

house foundations over there

My wife said they try to use a stone or concrete foundation to get the house up off the ground because of termites . Also you have a rainy season over there so having any lumber a ways off the ground is better.

Our house was built with the big blocks. Than filled with cement and steel bars. Our foundation goes 8 feet down to bed rock. We have been through a number of quakes. The only thing that happened was a big picture fell from the wall. Broke the !!!! out of it too.

Most people will use the 4 inch blocks. It is all they can afford. Some times it might take them years to build a small house. When they get extra money they will buy a few supplies.

KEN :D

Hey, if they're not working on it for a while maybe ask if you can detect there, and put up a hammock to take an occasional break from detecting :laughing::laughing::laughing:
detectingbreak.jpg

Back
Top Bottom