Ace250 LCD Visual Explanation

ToddB64

Elite Member
Eureka !! We have the photos again ! :D

Thanks to help from Gino Alvarez (e-mail : [email protected] , or websites :
www.ginoalvarez.com , or www.cmhphoto.com), we can once again display his great photos,
15 in all, of the Ace250 console, with visual explanations of operational features.

Mr. Alvarez originally created these photos and introduced them on the old forum
board. When the new board was installed, somehow these pics were lost.

All I did was contact Gino, explain the situation, and he kindly e-mailed all the photos
so they could be put on the new board, along with this new introduction......any credits
or comments should really go to him at one of the above addresses. On my last contact
he was planning to move his family to Puerto Rico, so I don't know if he still has the same
e-mail address, but his web-sites are still working as of today, August 27, 2006.

I modified this post Aug. 27, 2006, so that everyone will be sure to understand
who originally created and posted these photos. All of the real work was done by him.

Feel free to copy & print these pics for reference, and send Gino a "thank you !". ;)

ToddB64
Ace250

Ace250-0001.jpg

Ace250-0002.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ace250 LCD Visual Explantion

Ace250 BATTERY CONDITION INDICATOR Information:

I recently became curious about the "Battery Condition Indicator" on the Ace 250 console.

On page 23 of the Ace 250 pocket manual, pn: 1526100.C, it simply states "An LCD display is continuously illuminated to indicate the battery level." However, no further explanation is given regarding how to interpret the battery power level. IMHO, additional information would be helpful, as follows:

The battery power-level indicator shows (4) black bars and the machine uses (4) 1.5 Volt AA batteries arranged in series. Therefore, theoretically, the total output power is 6.0 Volts, or slightly more when the batteries are new.

(a)..I contacted Garrett Metal Detectors (Bradley Keel) to find out how low the total output voltage could drop and still maintain the operating system in good working order. (b)..Also, how many black bars would be left showing at this minimum voltage level.

He answered the above questions as follows: (a)..3.0 Volts and (b)..At 3.0 Volts you will have (1) battery bar left. When the voltage drops to 2.6V the unit will not turn on.

Personally, to be safe, the author will replace all (4) batteries when I first notice there is only (1) bar showing at the bottom of the Battery Condition Indicator. Remember to always carry at least one extra set of fresh batteries.

ToddB64

Pics 3 and 4

Ace250-0003.jpg

Ace250-0004.jpg

Nice and very informative.. the manual sure ain't this complete...

Thank-you very much for that!!! I wish garrett would put this in the manual!!! That is one GREAT explination!!!

I'm an old (70)  new MD'er with an Ace 250. Much of the  information that came with it is confusing and I am ever so grateful for your time and effort, Garret should be awarding you a medal For the clear concise way in which you have made this presentation, and to say the least helps promote their product...Mel from Nova Scotia

Just got my ACE 250 yesterday - it came with a instructional DVD which is an improvement on the manual.  These pictures are great though.

Todd, thank you so much for the pictures and explanations. I've had my 250 since May, and haven't taken it out because it is way more confusing than my White's Prizm III. Hope I can figure it out now. I think I'm just scared of the darned thing. I'm 62 and it takes me longer to "get it." LOL!

Scrltt641

Thanks for the pics. I too just bought a 250. I'm having a good time learning about the machine and your info helps.

Best wishes, John K

A very good presentation Todd.

The only thing I would take issue with (unless it was just for demonstration purposes ?), is the custom modes you have displayed.

You would risk losing a lot of good signals in those modes.
I am a believer of using only the bare minimum of discrimination.

~ Alan ~ said:
A very good presentation Todd.

The only thing I would take issue with (unless it was just for demonstration purposes ?), is the custom modes you have displayed.

You would risk losing a lot of good signals in those modes.
I am a believer of using only the bare minimum of discrimination.

Alan.......Thanks for the compliment, but I really can't take credit for the creation of the pics.
             Realizing my original introduction was somewhat lacking, I revised it on August 27, 2006.
             Please take a look in the How to Use Your Metal Detector forum, Detectors and Gear board.
             Like you, I surmise the custom modes was just for demonstration purposes.

Sorry I did not get back to you on this sooner.........when I first read your post and took a look
             at the pics, they were being displayed all out of order on my screen. I've been going back and forth
             with pm's to our admins, trying to sort this out. Carol and Vlad have been on vacation and I needed to
             work with Carol , since she had helped me re-install the pics and was familiar. It took awhile and the
             kicker is that it turned out to be as simple as changing one of my forum settings, which I was able to
             do myself with Carol's coaching.

HH........Todd   :grin:

Scrltt - If you have a prizm III, you shouldn't have too much trouble with the Ace250. It's basically the same as the Prizm IV with the notching. These Ace250's seem to be prety popular. Is it because of the price or is it really a good machine?

I agree with Alan, in "Relic" mode, wouldn't you want to detect iron? Alot of war relics are iron.

Back
Top Bottom