Neat hunt this evening...

Fulltilt

Howdy - went to a place in town and hunted this afternoon. Pretty excited - found some Boy Scout neck slide things, a laundrymat token, a couple of wheat pennies (50 and 55 models), new model Sacajawea dollar, a Royal suit token, and what appears to be a silver medallion. It has “925” engraved on the back. I started dancing like a white boy whenever i saw that $1, thought it was some coin I had never seen before, then I read the word laundrymat.

Having more fun at this than I’ve had in a long time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 290
The mystery of what lies beneath is what drives this Hobby. It’s not always about the “money “ it’s the thrill of the things we find. I just found a 1917 and a 1918 wheat pennies yesterday and the thrill was worth a lot more than 2 cents 👍

The mystery of what lies beneath is what drives this Hobby. It’s not always about the “money “ it’s the thrill of the things we find. I just found a 1917 and a 1918 wheat pennies yesterday and the thrill was worth a lot more than 2 cents 👍

Very wise - thank you.

Congrats on a great hunt!!! I get excited anytime I pull a Wheat out of a hole!!

Thanks. I agree. I think what gets my blood pumping is knowing that I’m the first person to touch that penny in 50, maybe 75 years....and if I (or one of you gents) hadn’t found it, it would likely rot away never to be found.

Back
Top Bottom