Back to Work Hunt Scores the Gold!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Today was my last day off for the summer as tomorrow I officially to report back to work. :( (We come in about a week and a half before the students). I’d been planning this hunt for a few days and was hoping for one more gold before getting back. I was out at sunrise 2 hours before the low tide. I hunted for 5 hours in some of the calmest conditions I had ever hunted. I took advantage of these conditions and stayed offshore for about 2/3rds of my 5 hours. Almost all the earrings were in mid to upper chest height which I normally wouldn’t have been able to hunt with the surf that rolls in there. Even moderate surf would’ve made that depth/area unreachable. I was hoping to score some gold in the deeper untouched depths but the white gold Benchmark 10K ring actually came closer to shore on part of a sandbar 3 hours into the hunt. It was a weak sound but it was beautiful when I saw it in the scoop. :dingding: The silver “Ying-Yang” came afterwards in a small eroded pocket. The 1974 Swiss 10 Rappen coin was an interesting surprise. The designer sun glasses, who’s brand I can’t recognize, I scratched on the back leg pretty badly when retrieving them. I’m going to kick myself if they’re worth a few bucks as I usually retrieve glasses pretty well. But really I can't complain, I was happy to have gotten out and even happier at scoring the gold. :yes:

Attachments

• 8-10-16.jpg
    8-10-16.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 8-10-16 Stuff.jpg
    8-10-16 Stuff.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 8-10-16 Gold.jpg
    8-10-16 Gold.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 8-10-16 Swiss (1).jpg
    8-10-16 Swiss (1).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 8-10-16 Swiss (2).jpg
    8-10-16 Swiss (2).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 287
  • 8-10-16 Rings.jpg
    8-10-16 Rings.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 281
Nice find Felix.. can I give you some advice? Chew on gum not your fingers :lol:

congrats on the finds!! What do you teach? I've considered going the route of a teacher myself, just not sure :)

congrats on the finds!! What do you teach? I've considered going the route of a teacher myself, just not sure :)

I taught English Lit/ESOL for 9 years and I've been an assistant principal for 19 years. AP's still have summers off here but work 2 more weeks than teachers - one extra at the end of the school year and one at the beginning.

Last edited:
Good looking finds Felix. Best of luck for the new school year. I admire our teachers. They are a important part of creating responsible citizen in stetting high standards for the youth of the US. Thanks for what you do and good hunting next time.

:dingding:adda boy, just knew you would snag one more before school starts,,,:yes:sweet piece of yellow,,,,,you know what though, I bet school starts and your hunts are fewer and you will find the same amount of gold,,,,,,its weird but its just the way it works,,,,,I know it did for me,,,,,GL HH

Way to go! Don't take any grief from Craig. If you worked at my old high school you'd chew your fingers to the bone thinking about the new kids. My old school is so rough they had to change the mascot from the fighting saint with a black eye to the mighty saints:lol:

Attachments

• SAM_2866.jpg
    SAM_2866.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 235
That's a Nice Gold.. And Good Luck with the coming school year. I would bite my nails also if I had to face that...

Nice ring Congrats! I just found a Benchmark 10k too they are well made. :cool:

I actually remembered you're recent ring when I got back to the car and was able to read the inside of the ring. Yours is bigger! ;)

Don't be late for dinner :lol:

You can't be late for dinner when you're the cook! :p

Back
Top Bottom