Have you ever found one of these?

Lostandfound

I was shocked when I dug this out. The top was about 18" deep and around 100' from the shore. As soon as I seen the cover new exactly what it was. Ten minutes later and 30' away I found the second half about 2' down. With two ladies about five feet away said is that what I think it is. Yep. Then I asked them if they are going to be here awhile if they could hold it for me. So I placed it between there two chairs for the day.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 742
Bad ju-ju...I'd go throw that thing back in the ocean...and say a little prayer and hope you didn't piss off any spirits.

So what do you do with those? any tags? I'd hate to call the family, but at the same token, not sure if it would be your fiscal responsibility to hire a boat to take it back out.

If there are any identifying marks/tags you could call the local coroner and turn it over. If its present, they can track down next of kin and return it. I imagine the crematory tag is long gone if it was found in two pieces.

If there are any identifying marks/tags you could call the local coroner and turn it over. If its present, they can track down next of kin and return it. I imagine the crematory tag is long gone if it was found in two pieces.

Not sure why you would do this? They chucked the damn thing into the ocean to begin with. Why would they want it back?:laughing:

I've found cremation tags as well...

I've always just tried my best to deep 86 all that stuff, back to Davey...

<°)))>{

My advice, put it back! That or give it to someone who can boat/kayak it out 1/4 mile and wish them a happy journey.

I've found cremation tags as well...

I've always just tried my best to deep 86 all that stuff, back to Davey...

<°)))>{

I'm thinking I'd do the same. If they wanted great uncle Marvin, at the bottom of the ocean, that's fine by me.

Found many Cemetery tags. One time was digging found one and the lifeguard ask me why was I putting trash back on the beach. I told him I found a cemetery tag he looked at me and asked do I need any help putting it back!!!:laughing: . I told him I was not bring home Mr. Or Mrs.Jones home with me. He said Hell no!!!

Back
Top Bottom